1. This forum is in read-only mode.

TTDS Loading Freezes

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Shirokan, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shirokan

Shirokan New Member

I'm using a TTDS with firmware version 1.14.
    I'm also using a 2GB MicroSD, which has about 1.35 GB used up.

Recently, I've been having...guessing about a 50% chance that while loading a game, the screen will freeze after about 2 seconds after selecting a game. I tried loading a game that did not yet have a .sav file, and now it freezes with every game, 100% of the time.

-I have tried blowing on both cards and their respective slots, but that has not remedied the problem.
    -I may not be able to modify the files on the MicroSD until late this Thursday. =/

If anyone could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

reformat the microsd, and what brand is it?

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I used to have a few loading problems with the DSTT I used to have too, but reformatting fixed them. Also, are you using the stylus or touch to load the games? I found that that will freeze a lot (especially with moonshell), so try just using the buttons.

4. dark.faerie

dark.faerie Well-Known Member

wow and i thought i was the only one having problems with my DSTT (lucky its working about 90% of the time now...)

5. anandjones

Okay, so does using the buttons straight work?

6. dark.faerie

i used to have problems whether i used the stylus or pressed the buttons - there was no difference really.
    though i've been using the stylus lately and there's nothing wrong, so maybe it's different for each person's DSTT? i don't think there's any universal glitch with it or anything...

i think anyone with problems should just reformat it.

7. anandjones

My problem usually happened because pixel pointing is quite sensitive and I like to load games fast so I sometimes double tap, which makes the blue bar freeze at about a third of it's progress. Hopefully yours works now.

8. dark.faerie

haha yeah sometimes i doubletap too - i'm so impatient ><
    but mine didn't even stop loading at a third or so... the loading symbol in the bottom left corner would just stop spinning after about 3 seconds and none of it would have loaded so i'd have to turn off my DS and try again - and if that failed i used to toggle the DMA on/off, that usually worked, particularly with Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice

9. anandjones

Usually leave DMA on, it makes loading games a lot faster.

10. dark.faerie

...and save games a lot faster.

but i also heard that by having DMA on you also risk losing all saved data for that file... i'm not willing to risk that - particularly games where i've committed hundreds of hours to...

11. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

ive got a TTDS too and ive dropped my ds about three times already with the flashcart and micro sd ejected
    but never have i encountered any loading prob(except when i forget to update my firmware or cause the game really is broken)
    just bragging

12. justlittleme

justlittleme Member

Also had a lot of problems with freeze and also unable to create the sav file causing problems. Check the properties on your microSD. For some reason deleting is not deleting. It leaves a bunch of hidden (sometimes not so hidden - ever see De7.nds or De3.nds in your list?) files on the microSD. Just reformat and you will have no more problems.

Another issue - if you want to run Puzzlemaniac you need to copy the pzmk directory to the root of your chip.

13. anandjones

That would be homebrew. Also, if the game was "broken", you wouldn't be able to load it at all on the loading bar. Updating the firmware wouldn't had anything to do with the loading issues. blacksun23.

14. Eliane69

Eliane69 New Member

In the beginning we had the same problem. I read on a forum that you must create a new map on your SD card which you can call "games"and then put al your games in the map.

We never had the problem again.

15. anandjones

You mean folder.

16. happyheart

happyheart New Member

Hi, I am having problems with loading the TTDS Micro memory card onto my DS, when you switch on it is a white screen, I keep having to switch on and off to try to get the card loaded, once on, so far I have had no problems playing games. I have a separate folder already saved for games, any ideas....

17. anandjones

Update your firmware at http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/.

18. baroni701

baroni701 Member

Just decided to add a few more games to my sons TTDS, but when I went to run one of the new games it said rom failed restart which I did. Now all I get is DS loading and then white screen. I have formatted the card and tried other cards - is the TTDS knackered?

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

have you reloaded the firmware?

20. baroni701

baroni701 Member

Yes loaded version 1.16 - is that the most recent?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.