1. This forum is in read-only mode.

TTDS help with new games, too confused

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Ultan, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Ultan

Ultan Member

Right so I have a TTDS(original for the DS/DS Lite), I can get the older games working no problem but I don't understand how to get new games working (Pokemon White 2 in particular), I have heard stuff about "new extinfo.dat" is how you fix it but I have no clue what that is... I am using a "pre-patched rom" that I can get working on emulators but not on a TTDS... any help is much appreciated

P.S. the game half loads and says "error code 4" I don't know how to repair this

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

See RGF firmware, they are instructions in download on how to use it .

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0

3. Ultan

Ultan Member

I followed all the steps (properly I am pretty sure) but now I get a error code 5 instead of 4, does the game being a pre-patched cause this? (pre-patched isn't a clean rom right?)

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Pre-patched = patched rom = not clean rom
    Un-patched = clean

Make sure to use the proper folder content as indicated by RetroGameFan's (RGF) document in the downloaded MultiCart file, then you replace the 'extindo.dat', 'infolib.dat', and 'savlib.dat' from the very last page of that topic posted by Jhon 591. Make sure also to back up your SD Micro content before hand, format the SD Micro so that it become blank, then you return all backed up files to the Micro, then add the TTMENU/YSMENU files as indicated by RGF and Jhon 591. By then you should be able to run clean roms via running ysmenu.nds / ttmenu.nds first before launching the rom you'd want to play.

5. Jhon 591

They are also other possible causes of errcode=-5

Yes: Only Clean ROMs should be used , No patched are cracked versions.

6. Ultan

Ultan Member

Jhon you're a top bloke I've got everything working now, (I had made one mistake the first time... whoops)

7. Jhon 591

Glad to hear glad you got it working, Enjoy your games ;)

What was it ??? xd .

8. Ultan

Ultan Member

I misread the part that says "-All carts except for DSTT/i need to keep their original firmware and then load YSMenu.nds or TTMenu.nds"... and also my rom was pre-patched so yeah