1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Trying to install new firmware on R4 DS SDHC

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by moonwhistle, Sep 23, 2013.

1. moonwhistle

moonwhistle New Member

I've got a spare R4 card that I'm using for multiplayer. It won't run several DS roms so I think I need to install new firmware.

It looks exactly the one: [​IMG]

It appears to be running moonshell V1.32 but I'm not exactly sure.

I have tried installing the latest version of moonshell and Wood R4 and neither of them will boot. They just hang on the loading screen. I have done clean installs of several versions and nothing will work.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or point me in the right direction please.

Thank you.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Try learning about this : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0
    Read the text files provided in first page, back up your SD Micro card content too before proceeding.
    Make sure you read through the files and instructions before giving it a go.
    Any further question regarding that, post it in that topic.

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I'm not share if either ysmenu are woodr4 are good for this one,

One is not on RGF list and sed not to be much good for this card, and don't seam YWG did a wood version for this card.

Same really, its just one of them not so good Clone cards sadly, Appart from its own firmware that is well outdated.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I don't think bringing up 'WOOD R4' to his attention is a good thing. He can't use it, so no point telling him about it. His only choice would be YSMENU/TTMENU. If that doesn't work, then none will.