1. This forum is in read-only mode.

trying to get R4li working on DS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ynotcarrie, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ynotcarrie

ynotcarrie New Member

I have an R4li Revolution for DSi,DSl (R4 0815 Team) and am trying to get the downloaded games working on ds lites and a dsi. I have an older version of r4, works fine. When I use the new R4li, games do not load(top screen shows "game loading... and the lower screen remains black). Did I miss a step? Please help, I'm just a mom trying keep the kiddos happy and I'm a bit inept at this computer stuff and can't figure out all this technical stuff-I'm surprised I was able to do as much as I've done. I'm new at this so please respond to me like you're talking to a 5 year old, nevermind that, they can probably figure this out.

thanks,

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Older version of R4, as in firmware?

3. ynotcarrie

ynotcarrie New Member

When I speak of R4 I mean the card that you put in the slot on the ds

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

http://www.r4li.com/

I use to have this card, but i gave it away...

The r4li site has release a new firmware R4 v1.24 kernel 2009-11-25 for Ds , not dsi

If you use your old R4 card the new Ysmenu DSTT v1.17a12, will work fine with some newer games..., Posted in this fourm

5. philip garner

philip garner Member

hi ynotcarrie
    when you say DS lite and DS I, which one are you trying to get it working on?

There are very few new cards that actually work with the DSI.
    The card you say that you have R4li is one of the original old cards with a 2 GIG max SD card is it not?

You should be able to get it working on a DSLite but A DSI, well recently Nintendo updated the DSI firmware to 1.4 to stop most cards from working but some of the new R4 cards now work ( with some glitches ), so here are some for the DSI I have tested, R4I Gold SDHC, R4I pocket, R4I-SDHC Red card, and M3I SDHC. there are other companies out there making cards.

I have used most of these cards my self but the most updated card so far on the market has to be the DSTT card which is also available as a DSTTi, infact some of the new R4 cards are based on the DSTT firmware.

If you are using a standard DS, just download the latest firware for your card from the website in jhon 591's reply unzip or unrar the file and copy all the contents to a freshly formatted Micro SD card, before you copy games across to the card just test it in you R4 card and the DS to see if it will boot up OK.
    If it appears OK then just copy a couple of games across to test it, but remember a lot of the new games have anti piracy and may not work ever in your card, try something old like Mario Kart the try something newer like Disney's Christmas carol.

6. ynotcarrie

ynotcarrie New Member

ok-
    downloaded new firmware and unrar the file, still nothing-same thing, it states Loading... and a black lower screen
    so when I open up the file of the sd card w/ the newly downloaded firmware on it, what else should be included in the file ?
    I have:
    games
    ds_mshl.nds
    system
    moonshell
    ds_menu.dat
    ds_menu.sys
    r4_124(bate)-English winRAR archive

in response to Philip: the r4li was just recently purchased by me, thinking it had the capabilities for the ds and the dsi, (of course I can't even see if it works on the dsi, yet (xmas present))we have been using successfully w/ some minor glitches, the r4 revolution for ds (NDSL/NDS) for the past year. I purchased 4gb w/ the new and have a 2gb w/ the old r4

7. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Do a full format of your card befor placeing the new files onto it

(Note) R4i v1.25 kernel 2009-07-05 is for DSI

And R4 v1.24 kernel 2009-11-25 is for DS , but this version if buggy sines it a BETA version

So the best is for now R4 v1.23 kernel 2009-07-05 ,

http://www.r4li.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.