1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Trying to get ISOs to work

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by vgmaster9, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vgmaster9

vgmaster9 New Member

When I download ISO files for ePSXe, they come up as rar files. When I try to run what I downloaded, it's not there to show. I have Tekken 3 online which is an ISO file, the others I download are not. Anything I can do?

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=3880.0

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Sometimes WinRAR will associate itself with .BIN files. .BIN is a type of CD Image, but WinRAR will try to open it, and can actually open it, and view the contents of a disc. The PSX games downloaded here come in multipe types. ISO, IMG, BIN, MDF. There are also other data files included with them, CCD, CUE, MDS, SUB, etc.

If you don't already, I recommend you have your computer set to always show file extensions, it will make everything easier.
    Open any folder on your computer
    Go to Tools -> Folder Options
    Click on the "View" tab
    In the box below, there is an option called "Hide extensions for known file types".
    Uncheck this box and click OK.

Now you will see the extensions and it will be easier to work with.
    ePSXe supports BIN, CUE, ISO, IMG, CCD, etc. 1.7.0 adds support for MDF/MDS files.

4. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

But Tirith, vgmaster9 said "When I try to run what I downloaded, it's not there to show" which I assume means the emulator doesn't pick up on it, so that makes me think it really isn't in the correct format yet. But I might be wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.