1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Trying to break a habit. Any Tips?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ogh3, Dec 3, 2011.

1. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

2 main habits I'm trying to break: Cracking my knuckles and clearing my throat.

I know clearing my throat isn't very bad, but it does annoy a lot of people, so I'm trying to stop that

My mom told me Cracking my knuckles and other parts of my body Can give me something called arthritis (wtf is that?). so I am trying to stop that

Any tips on stopping these habits?

Also if you need help on breaking a habit ask here and see if other people can help you with it.

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, you when you are about to do it, try to think of something else.
    Also tell your friends that they can say or do something as long as you do your habits you want to get rid of.

3. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Stop doing it.

Old wives tale, you're mother is lying to you. You're probably adopted too :)

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

arthritis is when the fluid that surrounds your joints has all gone, causing your bones to rub together. It makes moving the affected joint stiff and painful, and its quite a common condition in elderly people.

5. venusheart

venusheart Member

Cracking your knuckles? and clearing your throat! Omg.... you would be like totally annoying!!!
    My grandfather like totally does that he is soooo annoying..... but hes like sooo senile ;)

arthritis you say? its like what old people get, it makes your hands like totally stiff like a disabled person <3

6. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

You're American aren't you? God I hate it when people talk like that. Not saying I hate you though... Yet. Jk