1. This forum is in read-only mode.

troubles launching Metroid other m

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Duncan Idaho, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

i recently bougth a burned copy of metroid other m on a DL DVD, i cant launch it directly via disc channel since the wii refueses to acknowledge it, then i go and try to launch via uloader, latest version i get error-2, neogamma gives me the DVD error 1167

what i need to do in order to launch this game???

also for the record my wii reads brawl perfectly

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Perhaps the vendor didn't burn the DVD properly with the correct layer-break.

3. Duncan Idaho

its not the first time, but metroid prime triology gave me the same trouble, and im not usre if my burner can even burn DL

edit it seems my burner can do the trick it does it with DVD+R DL at 8x and DVD-R DL at 6x

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Check it and see if it has a DVD+/-R DL on it.

5. Duncan Idaho

it does, now it just leaves me two troubles:

a) software that can burn DL discs, not sure if img burn allows it and that lets me input the layerbreak.

b) finding DL discs (maybe at the university but is a longshot)

finding the correct layerbreak is out since im sure the palce where i download wii isos has the correct oen they had it for brawl, and metroid triology.

6. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

did you install darkcorp v1.1?

7. Duncan Idaho

no, i manually hacked my wii, i dont trust auto hacking programs

8. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

install the latest cIOS

9. Duncan Idaho

ihave the latest CIOS 249 rev20, and the latest CIOS 222 i belive its 5.1 i get the errors -2 and 1149 or 1179 dont remember the error for neogamma

10. fclinux001

fclinux001 Well-Known Member

you have to have a mod chip to run games from dvd with neogamma. Use the iso with a hard drive (or 7.5+ gb thumb drive) and usb loader gx. Set the load settings on the rom to IOS 222 and force NTSC if on NTSC TV.

Audio will be a little out of sync but its better than bricking your wii with a mod chip.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You don't have to have a mod chip to play games with NeoGamma. Do you know how Wii modding works?
    I suggest you read this - http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=35411.0

I used to use NeoGamma until I started using USB Loading which is loads better by the way. And I don't have a mod chip at all. Just software mods.

12. Duncan Idaho

please tell me did you read the first post? my wii has a modchip and it can run an orginal disc of brawl with 0 problems, considering also that brawl is DL

13. fclinux001

fclinux001 Well-Known Member

yeah mine has software mods too. But it cannot use BURNED DVDs without mod chip. I use usbloader gx too, I just wish I could keep the audio in sync with games like tales of symphonia 2.

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

There are Audion patches for USB Loader GX I believe. But I just normally use my forwarder channels for games. Saves me at least a minute or so.

15. Duncan Idaho

i wnet to the guys who sold it to me, and i told them i ahve both cios 222 latest and cios 249 latest also, they say they were gonna ask the guy who burns their games, i switched it for now for spiderman sharttered dimensions and aragorns quest