1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Trouble with changing discs.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by koggs12, Aug 23, 2010.

1. koggs12

koggs12 New Member

I'm currently playing Valkyrie Profile right now for psx and an epsxe1.7.0, and have gotten to the point where you switch discs. The problem is when I get to the screen that tells me to switch discs, so I go to the menu bar and scroll down to switch ISO. I click on disc two and all I get is a blank screen. Not sure if it's the game or the emulator. Anyone solutions or ideas for this? I'd appreciate the help!

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I think you have to use an earlier version of epsxe

3. koggs12

koggs12 New Member

Yeah but then I would lose all of my saved data. :(

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Don't you save it on the memcards for epsxe?

5. koggs12

koggs12 New Member

Oh yeah! I have the folder for memcards, so your right. I'd just like to figure out how to switch discs, instead of having to go through downloading a whole new emulator.

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Did you use the Change Disc option?
    File -> Change Disc -> CDROM/ISO

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The disc change for 1.7.0 doesn't seem to work for all people all the time (I haven't really had an issue with it).
    You will want to revert to 1.5.2, and setup 1.5.2 to use the same memory card files as 1.7.0 so you don't lose anything.

You can use the same plugins, same settings, same memory card files, same BIOS, etc. for 1.5.2, and it will work pretty much exactly the same. The disc change feature just works better in 1.5.2 than it does in 1.7.0. If you set them up to use the same memory card files, then you can switch between either version of the emulator and not have to worry about moving save files, backing up or copying save files, etc. It'll be just like taking the memory card out of your PS One and bringing it to another PS One to play.