1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Trouble with acekard2i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cire004005, Mar 27, 2010.

1. cire004005

cire004005 Well-Known Member

does anyone know how to update the firmware with out losing save game files. thanks...

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Just copy the two new update files onto your card.

It may have reset your save settings, check the system properties, in it go over and look where it says the save type or whatever, try switching it .nds.sav or to .sav from whatever it's set on

3. knightof3

knightof3 Well-Known Member

which firmware? akaio or acekard? i never updated mine with wifi so i cant help you there but i know it shouldnt delete your saves just by replacing the os folders. just in case you should keep the saves updated in your computer in case something happens

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

A common problem is when going from Official firmware to AKAIO, the saved game extension changes. Acekard official firmware defaults to the GAME.NDS.SAV name, and AKAIO 1.5 and beyond defaulted to just GAME.SAV

You can rename your save files accordingly, or go into the AKAIO system settings and change the save file extension.

5. paulthegreen

paulthegreen Well-Known Member

yep, I had to do that too.

6. anthime

anthime New Member

I had Akaio (maybe 1.5 version) and I installed new version-1.6 rc2 and saves don't work ;/ files extension is .sav so i can't change anything. Anyone can help? I don't want lose all progress in games :(

7. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

If the save thing is set to .sav, try setting it to .nds.sav in the system settings and check

8. cire004005

cire004005 Well-Known Member

thanks i got it. what i did was change name from nds.sav. to .sav. files u guys save my files..... man i was pissed off really pissed off had lots of rpg games thanks alot everyone... this site rocks.......