1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Trouble running Duke nukem: total meltdown

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by CrackerjackDOS, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've tried running duke nukem total meltdown on pSXfin, it works but, when I move or stand still the screen messes up badly and it's extremely hard to play it that way, then, I tried it on epsxe1.70 and I barely even reach the title screen and it glicthes every so it doesn't allow me to play the game, I run the the ISO file directly, I'm not sure if it runs well if I run it from a burnt cd but, if I try to emulate it directly from and Iso it messes up, can anyone help please?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Make sure you're using the right video plugins for ePSXe, such as Petes. https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=600.0 Otherwise, use a previous version such as 1.5.2 or 1.6.0.

3. I made sure that all extensions were right, didn't work, tried epsxe1.5.2, didn't work, I seriously doubt it'll work on epsxe1.6.0, might as well wait for pSX v1.14 or is there another solution?

4. rell

rell Well-Known Member

epsxe play just about every psx game if not all,wich iso load are you using

5. What do you mean?

6. rell

rell Well-Known Member

which ISO loader are you using?? theres one called dolby....something like that...which runs just bout any ISO from What i hear,and Ive used it a couple dozen times and Ive had no problems running any game..just try googling epsxe plugins and you should find it.

7. I can't seem to find it, all I find is an audio plug in with the name "Dolby" in it... are there any other emulators I could try this on, like Xebra?

8. rell

rell Well-Known Member

te name snt dolby...to tell you the truth i dobly...it sounded like that...or somethin...yea..ill look for it and give it to you later..

9. Alright, thanks.

10. rell

rell Well-Known Member

http://www. zophar.net/utilities/pscdrplugins.html
    put tht in,i put a space in front of the www. if you didnt notice. its called mooby,i was close.

11. So close, everything works but, when I reach the biohazard sign before reaching the title screen like it supposed to, it freezes there. maybe I'm better off playing the pc version, or wait for pSXfin v1.14 to comme out, or until some one can rip the exclusive psx bonus episode of this game and make it as a mod for the pc version, I'd do it but, lack of skill.

12. rell

rell Well-Known Member

wait...are you using epsxe?? cause thats just about the best emulator for psx that you can find. or you can just you the disk swamping method with you plastation console... nerver used,but im sure it works,and now that i think of it,i used to have the same duke nukem when i was younger,it was the first psx game i ever had,so i guess ill try to get it workin and let you now how it goes.

13. ok, thx, btw, I am using epsxe, but, I'm using another emulator as well, too lazy to chip my psone(or 2)lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.