1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Trouble getting 5294 & 5200 to work on CycloDS v1.60

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Heche, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Heche

Heche Active Member

I am having problems getting the Professor Layton & The Lost Future (E) ROM to boot up on my CycloDS for DSlite. I have installed the latest firmware (v1.60), but it keeps crashing whilst trying to boot the ROM.

Is this a known issue?

I've heard of people having trouble with R4 cards and the game crashing after the intro sequence, but haven't read anything about the game not booting at all.

Is there a patch or workaround?

2. fullmetalfish

fullmetalfish Member

Re: Trouble getting 5294 - Professor Layton & The Lost Future (E) to work on CycloDS

The lost future?
    Is that the same as 'The unwound future'?
    If so, then get the US rom instead. Works just fine on the cyclods....

3. Heche

Heche Active Member

Re: Trouble getting 5294 - Professor Layton & The Lost Future (E) to work on CycloDS

Yes, it's the European name for "The Unwound Future"

Is this confirmed? Does the US version indeed work? If so, then why does the UK / European version not work?

4. Rehab_Reject

Rehab_Reject New Member

I don't know about the european version, but yeah the US version is def. confirmed to work on cyclo 1.60, just dl that rom instead

5. Heche

Heche Active Member

I have downloaded 5200 - Professor Layton And The Unwound Future, but I am having the same problem with this ROM as the European one. It just hangs and crashes at the initial loading screen

6. Heche

Heche Active Member

Does anyone have any ideas as to why neither of these games (5200 & 5294) seems to work on my CycloDS with v1.60 firmware?

Any suggestions?