1. This forum is in read-only mode.

translation patches

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dkarlo27, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkarlo27

dkarlo27 Member

i'm not sure if this is the right section for this but my translation patch isn't working the way it's supposed to. before it was working but now when i drop the rom in the the patch batch file theres the window that's suppose to tell me if the patch is done pops up for a half a sec then closes. then i waited but the patched rom didnt appear. then when i double click the batch file the patched rom appears but the size was 0 Bytes.. wat's seems to be the problem and how can i fix it? Pls help :'( i also tried different roms and patched but ends up with the same result :'(

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Which ROM are you trying to patch?

3. dkarlo27

dkarlo27 Member

Well i was trying to patch Custom Beat Battle Draglade 2. then waiting for zero to finish tales of innocence full patch

4. TirithRR

In order to run the patch for the Draglade 2 game, you have to rename the original ROM to cvn-dg2.nds

Then run the patch, and it will work.

[​IMG]

5. dkarlo27

dkarlo27 Member

really??? i didn't know that because i didnt do that before and it worked.. ok i'll try it thank you very much but. how will i know what name the other rom suppose to be?

6. TirithRR

It depends on how the batch file is programmed.

Many use a wildcard. *.nds or similar, and take any NDS file that is in folder. Others use specific file names.

Change the patcher.bat name to patcher.txt and open it with notepad to see the file name:
    CALL xdelta patch DG2patch.XD cvn-dg2.nds cvn-dg2[patched].nds

That's opening xdelta, telling it to patch the game using the DG2patch.XD file, and run the patch on the rom cvn-dg2.dns, and save it as cvn-dg2[patched].nds

The batch files are really just a text file that contains the Command Prompt commands.

7. dkarlo27

dkarlo27 Member

ooh. thanks a lot :D without ur help i would still be missing all the great japan ds games that has translation patched thank you!!

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Read the readme files next time.

9. dkarlo27

dkarlo27 Member

um but there was no readme file in it

10. TirithRR

He's right, this one came with no readme, but the GBATemp thread about it did list this issue and the solution :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.