1. This forum is in read-only mode.

translating games

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by amatsusah, Dec 20, 2008.

1. amatsusah

amatsusah Active Member

is it really possible to translate a game ??? if its possible can anyone translate ragnarok online ds into english? i have a very difficult time in understanding the game. since i dont understand japanese. if it isnt possible then oh well ill just wait for the english one to appear. :(

2. wine_red

wine_red Member

You're best bet is to wait for an english version to be available, since sentences can change according to how different people interpret them.
    Translating games can be a lot of pain if you are not dedicated. Go look up the translated version of Tales of phantasia (psx) and you might possibly get a glimpse of how hard can translating a game can be.

3. Kaichi

Kaichi Well-Known Member

IE;
    Phantasian Production's ongoing translation project for Tales of Phantasia (PSx)
    Probably been 8 years now?They're getting there but still.

4. wine_red

wine_red Member

I downloaded the Zettai Zero (?) translation. but I will be testing theirs if i get a ToP iso again.

5. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

There are a handful of games that other people have made translations for like Jump, Soma Bringer, and others. I don't think there is a translation for Ragnorok DS you can go look on

gbatemp.net

6. amatsusah

amatsusah Active Member

they said its already finished, but where to download?

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

There is a project at gbatemp.net, yeah.

8. amatsusah

amatsusah Active Member

on gbatemp, they said the translation is done... but where to download?

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

http://ragnaroktrans.referata.com/wiki/Main_Page

10. amatsusah

amatsusah Active Member

is i fully working? as im downloading atm