1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Transfomrer 2 [SPOILERS INSIDE]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calvin_0, Jun 23, 2009.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well i just came back from the movie permier, even for the late night, there is tons of people, i asume 80% of them are fans, some of them just group up and talk about the movie XD.

anyway i like the movie, like the 1st movie, i bet i'm going to watch it again.

however i dont like some of the stuff they did in there like how arcee look, cant they design her to look more.....beautiful? and i dont know which one is arcee (my guess is the pink one)

and also it seems Megatron a weakling now, IIRC Megatron used to trash Optimus Prime in the 1st movie, in this movie, its the other way around. Megatron cant beat Optimus without the help of Starscream and the helicopter decepticon... and also i love the devarstator, although it just look like mecha king kong and it got gun down shortly after. seriously bay, next time you going to put something cool, dont kill it off after 5mins......the revived optimus prime combine with jetfire which really look like G-Force Optimus Prime, too bad he discarded the upgrade.

2. ultra

ultra Guest

it opens tomorrow here in ny, june 24. i don't know if i want to watch it tomorrow or over the weekends. heck, i don't even know if i want to watch it.

3. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

I'm gonna watch it today !
    XD~

4. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I'm boot-leggin it!

5. calvin_0

boot legging? you mean like wolverine origin?

6. fnk

fnk Well-Known Member

I'm probably going to watch it in a few days.

7. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

It's a cool movie..I wanna watch it twice~
    watched it yesterday xP~

8. calvin_0

ya, i'm going to watch it again sometime next week XD

9. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

watch the premiere 24/6/2009
    i'm the first watching it in my country!!! (maybe)

10. ultra

ultra Guest

it's a decent movie. i just saw it today [6-26-2009]. i was expecting more but it seems to be more about the effects.

if you read what calvin-0 wrote, it sort of becomes problematic with the scenario and this is something you either accept or ignore [the same situation arises in star trek 2009]. for instance, if optimus accepted that ancient robot core, then he isn't simply upgraded, he is upgraded and can't remove it. if you watch the classic transformer the movie, rodimus takes the core of optimus and is upgraded and there is no way for rodimus to downgrade.

then there is the part about the autobots leaving earth. we never really see the autobots in an aircraft or the sort, so how exactly will they leave. the autobots are land based robots while the decepticons are air based robots [majority of the decepticons].

what about the super security room where they guard that fragmented piece of the all spark. how the hell did the magnets not kill that mini robot?.

if you put all these crazies aside, it's a modest and enjoyable movie. otherwise, you'll be puzzled on how things are the way they are.

11. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I just watched it today. A bunch of my friends in my class went together to the movie theater to watch it because today was the last day of middle school. It was a great movie.

12. calvin_0

i just remember, i really dont like how the human treat the autobots, i mean come on, autobot hanger? they arent some kind of tools you know....

13. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

The autobots didn't complain about that, did they?

...I'm still thinking if it's really worth it?

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I saw it, it's awsome by today's standards...

Notice how I said "today's"...

Now, I STILL prefer the original one, sure it's a bit on the hair metal side, but hay at least (to me) it was better, we all love a movie with guns/explosions/giant killer robots/comody mixed in/hot chickas XD but...

It was a bit of a sensory overload-I know my farther won't approve of my little brother watching the first 10 mins of it...dam did Sam's mother go off her head...

Now, don't get me wrong it was a good movie, but I'm a retro kinda guy, I hated how they kinda tacked on the matix, and the fallen was to...spindly in terms of build...

Also, the linking prequel comics explained the events better than the movie-but what it didn't explain was HTF did the fallen get out of the plaque?

15. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Just think of it as a huge house.

16. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Lol Transfomrer,
    I shall watch this soon though I presume it doesn't have much relation to the original Transformer series

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It's only the element it carries, ie prime, megatron, matrix, the fallen, but it's loose...

The matrix doesn't grant "prime" status, nor does it give them powers of knowledge or power of past primes...

That's one thing the movie has changed.

18. calvin_0

addtional to that, the matrix of leadership have change to dagger with a glowing blue light on the center.

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...it was to, well, continue from the olderone...

It wasn't a dagger, just a "swirly" shape, and the center of the original did glow blue, though not like this!

But let's not focus on the matrix too much now eh? :)

20. kait

kait Well-Known Member

i went to watch it on the premier day of it with mi freinds
    damn it was sooo gooooooood
    all the people that came to see it was clapping their hands at the end of the film
    fight scene was much better than the first one