1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Transferring Pokemon Black save?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Thehea, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Thehea

Thehea Active Member

This probably won't work, but is it possible to keep your saved game from the Japanese rom and play it with the English rom?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Yes...just rename it with the exact same name as the game rom. But do note that all pokemon caught while playing the japanese game rom, when that save file is used on the English game rom, the names of that pokemon will still be in japanese or be using the nicknamed you gave. But any pokemon caught using that japanese save on the English game rom will be in English.

3. Thehea

Thehea Active Member

Aha, I see the game and when I try to load it on the english rom I just get a black screen

Maybe this is AP I'm facing and not a Save Game problem like I previously thought

4. Prectorian

You're right. The black screen/white screen is most likely connected with the cart's firmware (primary and or secondary), not really the rom itself unless you had downloaded a damaged rom copy. The save file has nothing to do with the error. If you have problem with any of it (except the save file), please ask at the Pokemon AP discussion hosted by CK3.

5. MANTONIO FLORES

MANTONIO FLORES New Member

You, sir, completely answered all my questions. The most help Ive ever received/found on a forum anywhere. I made an account to specifically applaud you. Thank you.

6. Prectorian

:) Oh..Ok. You're welcome. :D

Well just in case you want to rename your pokemon from the Japanese names into the English names, when moving the save file from the Japanese Save to use on the English Rom. Run the Save File on Pokesav for Pokemon Black and White. Open the Save file using Pokesav, go to the Party Pokemon Edit option or the Storage Box Edit option (depending on which pokemon you want to edit is kept). And simply change the language (top right in the Pokemon Edit Menu) from Japanese (JPN) to English (ENG), and click on the Original Name button. Press OK and choose Save in the main Pokesav Menu. Done. This have to be done manually for each pokemon caught using the Japanese Rom.

Here's the link to Pokesav for Black and White : Click Here to Download