1. This forum is in read-only mode.

transfering DS games on to R4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tinkerbell24, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinkerbell24

tinkerbell24 Member

Help!! not sure if i am in the right place but am sure you lovely people can put me in the right direction.

I am trying to get games on the the DS using a 4GB mini SD card and the R4
    i have downloaded games and extracted the files and tranfered them on to the sd card them put it in the DS,
    when i switch the DS on i get a while screen in the top half saying menu
    then the bottom screen is blank and i cannot get any further.
    please help me lol

thanks in advanced

Tinkerbell

2. Quake90

Quake90 Well-Known Member

the original R4 does not support 4GB micro SD well at least it doesn't support SDHC microcards...
    make sure you're not using a SDHC micro card.
    the R4 only supports non SDHC cards...

and make sure you read this common issue thread https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

good luck
    Post Merge: [time]1256744474[/time]
    and make sure you read the forum first and use the 'SEARCH' button...

just to prevent any irritations because this is asked SO many times...

3. tinkerbell24

tinkerbell24 Member

hiya

thank you for you reply. i am using the R4 - SDGC with a 4GB transcend micro sdch card :-S

tink x

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It says "Menu" because it is looking for the menu files.

Go to www.linfoxdomain.com/ds and download the Menu, or firmware, files for your card.

5. tinkerbell24

tinkerbell24 Member

sorry am hopeless at this
    what files am i looking for as there is just a long list and i dnt wanna wreck what i have coz its not mine

Tink

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You can go to the website that came on the box your card came in and download them directly.

Or you just have to get what ever your card is from that list.

You won't wreck your card if you put the wrong ones on there. It will just act the exact same way it is now if you put the wrong ones on.

7. neilyboy

neilyboy Member

I suspect you're using the old software for the R4 card, go to the R4 webstite and download the R4-i English v1.09b. I had the same problem and this fixed it for me.

8. footyfan09

footyfan09 Well-Known Member

This exact problem happened to me when i first got my R4 card and it was because I hadn't downloaded any software, I had just put the games on the SD card. you can get R4 software from R4i.co.uk but I'm not sure if it's the latest.

9. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Just go to www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds and, because you have an R4 SDHC, compare the website that's on your box with the website in brackets. That's how you see which one you need. Then, click the link and download the file. Extract it and put the contents on the root of your MicroSD.

10. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Im using v1.26 for my r4sdhc cart.Did you create a folder called "Games"?

11. footyfan09

I called the folder 'ds roms'.

12. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

OK,the guide I seen on you-tube about 6 months ago said "you must create a folder and call it Games".But maybe he was talking crap

13. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Yes you can make a Games folder!, It's just to tidy files up, You can call that folder what you like!, Or make a few like

Dan games
    Joe games

So eveyone has there own games folder and the sav will auto go into each folder

14. footyfan09

he might be telling the truth about a certain type of card but it certainly isn't true for the R4 SDHC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.