1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Transfer Savegames

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by DannyPt, Apr 8, 2012.

1. DannyPt

DannyPt New Member

is it possible to transfer savegames from pokemons? for exemple, i would like to transfer the savegame from my Pokemon White Version to the Pokemon Black Version so i can go to the black city to buy some stones, but i also would like to stay in the white version because of the withe forest that have many pokemons, if anyone can help me i would apreciate...

i am using Desmume

2. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Pokémon white and pokemon black are 2 different games, so I think that's not possible. You can however transfer it when you change the region. Like, a Japanese savefile can be used for an American game.

3. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but that is not possible.
    As Athemoe said above, you can swap save games with another region of the game (so USA, EUR) but swapping it with an entirely new game is impossible.

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Actually, this is only half true.

I once did this with HeartGold and SoulSilver to obtain both Kyogre and Groudon (which then gave me Rayquaza).

I did this by changing the .SAV file's name to the opposite version (in this case to match the file name of my SoulSilver ROM, just with .sav) I then went into the area containing either Kyogre or Groudon, caught it, saved, and then extracted the caught pokemon's data in Pokegen and copied it back over to my original save.

However, I only ventured into the very spot where both Kyogre or Groudon are to be found. That is where I made the switch. I did not do this trick to expect a fully working, bug-free solution.

So if you decide to do it this way, NEVER attempt to save this over your main file. Always make a copy and manipulate from there. I can't vouch that the overwriting of your original save while in the opposite version will have no adverse effects. Always keep your original save untouched. Extract the manipulated data using Pokegen and then save that data into your original save file. If you screw this up, there's no telling what sort of bugs you'll encounter.