1. This forum is in read-only mode.

transfer roms from one brand of cart to another

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by nboerner, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nboerner

nboerner New Member

Can you transfer games and sav files from one brand of cart to another? Can I just delete and paste in the new cart files? What if I left both cart files, would the games now work in either cart. Do carts have any effect on sav files, do they make it so they won't play in another brand of cart. I am asking this because I have several brands of carts, TTDS, Cyclods, supercardone and I would like to be able to have the games work on any cart so I Can mix things around and not have to think too much about where the sav file in my computer came from. I am afraid if I experiment too much I may ruin an micro sd or words, the cart itself, is that something I could do by moving and combining files.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Flashcarts will be compatible with save-files from the majority of other flashcarts. You just have to see if they work. Make a backup of them if you wish. The ROMs will be fine in any of them.

3. nboerner

nboerner New Member

will it work to have cart files from different brand carts on the same micro sd and then i can switch around to the different carts

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

i did this once with an R4 III and an ez flash vi!! worked great!

you could even do it for ez flash vi, ez flash 4, and some other one...for example acekard 2i!!

6. nboerner

nboerner New Member

well I just tried it and it seems to work. weird thing is I end up with a folder that says TT menu when i put the card in the supercard one. when i click on it it shows all kinds of strange jpg files, what is that?
    Post Merge: [time]1257996147[/time]
    I clicked on one of the jpg files, "arrowDown" and the screen went blcak with some info at the bottom. I freaked and shut it off and when i turned it back on it was still like that. I pressed b and it went back to the list of jpg files. Is there a way a person could mess things up if they got into this screen. I am making a card for my son and he is 5 and tries everything. Can he mess up the games or ds itself by fooling around with the other cart files or jpg's
    Post Merge: [time]1257996575[/time]
    turns out it doesnt work as planned. ecah card is creating its own sav file and when you switch you only see the one from the card it was created on, oh well

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

shouldn't.....i mean......he may delete something if you don't tell him not to delete stuff......but other than that everything should be just fine!

i've gotten errors TONS of times and i've been using flashcards for over 2 years now....never once hurt my ds or dsi!! i don't think you can brick a ds with a flash card.....

the jpg files is the card misreading the other files.....it doesn't know what they are! (most likely)!!

if you have any more questions or troubles, just ask!

8. nboerner

nboerner New Member

transfering from one card to another brand (cont)

I tried using a micro card with the cart files from TTDS and Supercard One. IT seems each cart creates its own save file so you cannot interchange cards and play from a saved game. The reason I was trying to do this is I have several cards and would like to put games on one for my son to play. The fmenu format on the TTDS seems more user friendly although the supercard seems better built. Does anyone know if ther is a way to h ave the supercard game menu come up on the bottom screen in list view automatically without having to change views and optons tto move it every time. Other wilse you cant read enough of the game to know what it is, thanks for any help and for the help on the other transferring question in my other post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.