1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Transfer pokemon from GBA flashcarts to NDS flashcarts?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kanefan, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Kanefan

Kanefan Member

There are two functions that the GBA games offer to the DS games. If you have a real GBA cart and a real DS cart, then you can utilize these functions. The first is Pal Park, and transferring of pokemon from generation 3 to generation 4. The second is new pokemon appearing in the wild if you have a real cart of any 3rd generation pokemon game inserted in slot-2. My question is, if you have a GBA-flashcart with several pokemon roms on it, will you be able to use these functions in a generation 4 game on the ds using something like cyclods or r4? Do you have to have only one rom on the GBA-falshcart? Is it impossible?

2. Kanefan

Kanefan Member

Bump. :)

3. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Don't think it's really possible.

4. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Flash the GBA game to the NOR and the GBA save to the SRAM using GBAExploader, but don't play the GBA game.
    Now run the DS game off the flashcart.

5. Kanefan

Kanefan Member

And this is using R4 and Ez3in1? Or is it cyclods? I currently only have an r4 and plan to buy both cyclods and ez3in1 in the future, but I was just wondering if you could do it using both slot-1 and slot-2 flashcarts. :) Anyway, now I know. Thanks.

6. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

That should work for any slot-1 flashcart in conjunction with the EZFlash 3in1, which is a slot-2 flashcart (of sorts).

A rom written to the EZF's NOR memory will be identical to a real GBA game, excluding things like Boktai's solar sensor.

7. EJames2100

EJames2100 Active Member

Ahh was looking for the answer to this myself, Tyvm :)

8. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Yes this works

9. Kanefan

Kanefan Member

Ok, thanks so much for helping. :)