1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Trackmania DS possible AP/Glitch/weird game design?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fredbox, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

I recently started playing Trackmania DS (because I was looking for games that use the rumble pack), and it seems I've encountered some form of glitch.
    I'm using an original R4, v1.18, and I know it's old, but there're no games I want to play that require YsMenu (unless this requires it, and I'm gonna try that in a second).
    I've tried both with and without the EZ 3in1's rumble (just in case),
    and I can't find any evidence of other people with the same problem anywhere on the internet.
    The problem is this:
    In the game, there are bits of track called speedtraps. They are designed to slow you down while you're going over them, to make the track more difficult to complete. My problem is that I start slowing down while on them, but when I get off them, I keep slowing down, and eventually grind to a halt, no matter what buttons I press.
    If I can make it through a checkpoint before I totally stop, then it all works again, but in some tracks it's impossible to reach the next checkpoint on what little momentum I have left.
    Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is it deliberate (and weird) game design, or subtle anti-piracy?
    I'm gonna try YsMenu now, just in case but if anyone has any suggestions I'd be grateful.

EDIT: No luck with YsMenu. Exactly the same :'(
    Anyone else got this issue?

2. Gl3nn

Gl3nn New Member

I think its meant to do that.

In the pc version u also have these "traps", due these traps it requires skills to get to the next checkpoint to use throtle again.

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

www.r4li.com

now supports R4 original kernal, now upto kernal v1.24

but no soory i have not tryed it Fredbox

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the way it's designed. The traps aren't just slick or muddy spots that slow you down, they appear to be traps that kill your engine making you stop.

5. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks everyone. Maybe I'm just crap at the game, but it does make it challenging (particularly going up slopes). I feel kinda silly now... :-[

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.