1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Top 100 Most Downloaded Games with Comments!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by haseoTOD, Jan 17, 2010.

1. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Well I made this because I think that thread that my lovely Kamui made isn't enough. I mean, we don't want the opinions and ratings of of another community/website, we want OUR opinions! So I'm making this list according to THE MOST DOWNLOADED NDS ROMS HERE ON ROMULATION. I'm also making this for tyhose people who want to download the "hot games".

But I'll only post US Roms, since some ROMS are only repeated ROMS, like Europe versions, So I might miss some stuff like FIFA 10, but you could just search it up.

I also won't post the download count because I already ranked it form 1 to 100, so no need to find out the download count. :)

I will post new popular Games but will not post them on the list because they lack Download Count.

OK!? HERE WE GO!

1. Pokemon Platinum
    - It's basically Pokemon with a hell lot more Pokemon.

2. Kingdom Hearts 358-2 Days

- Kingdom Hearts in the DS! This game focuses on when Roxas joined the Organization.

3. Grand Theft Auto

- It's GTA. You blow stuff up, shoot people, and get hookers.

4. Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

- It's the sequel of Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. Pretty good game. ^^,

5. The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks

- This game is highly recommended to everyone. Cool story AND you get to control a train!

6. New Super Mario Bros.

- It's just like the classic, but with some new power-ups and moves that can help you save the princess!

7. Mario Kart DS

- Highly recommended. Hell lot of fun in Multiplayer, hell lot of mad skills in Wifi.

8. Scribblenauts

- This game is a "Sandbox" game. You can write any legal, non-vulgar word on your notebook, then the said item will pop out of the screen! ISN'T THAT JUST AWESOME!?

9. Pokemon Diamond

- It's like other Pokemon, but a different version and more Pokermans.

10. Professor Layton and The Diabolical Box

- This is the sequel to the famous "Professor Layton and the Curious Village" which received a standing ovation. In this game, Prof. Layton and his trusty sidekick, Luke has been invited to visit a train after the Diabolical stories. Now, Layton must go to this train in order to know about it's mysteries and the Diabolical Box's.

11. Professor Layton and The Curious Village

- Professor Layton is a puzzle game. As you travel along to solve a mystery, many puzzles and riddles will be encountered. Great story.

12. Final Fantasy 4

- A Final Fantasy in the DS! The story this time is about a Dark Knight with a heart of gold and blah blah blah... Good ol' battle mechanics, good story. Recommended.

13. The World Ends With You

- Now, this game, it's different from any other games. This game has its own genre. The battle system, the graphics, the music, THE EVERYTHING. Truly a Square-Enix masterpice.

14. Chrono Trigger

- Well, this game is well known in RPG history. Three Words. Best, story, evar.

15. Kirby Super Star Ultra

- Uber cuteness in form of a blob, sucking monsters up. Sweet.

16. Rhythm Heaven

- Indeed, this game is "Rhythm Heaven", for it will take you on countless minigames that involves skill of music and lots of flickering. Highly Recommended. ^^

17. Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds Stardust Accelerator- World Championship 2009

18. Mario Party DS

- It's a party game. You pick your characters, go to the board, then go get the star before the other players get it! And after a turn, you will battle each other in random minigame! Even cooler if you play it with others.

19. Pokemon Pearl

20. Mario and Luigi- Partners in Time

21. The Legend of Zelda- Phantom Hourglass

- Another Zelda game. This time, you can collect treasure and go around the world with a pirate ship! It may not be my taste but it's a good game.

22. Cooking Mama 3- Shop and Chop

- It's Cooking Mama 3! Now you can cook more dishes and check out a new game mode!

23. Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword

- This is one good Hack 'n Slash for the DS. As the controls will be more on the stylus! Buy upgrades, slash bad guys. and save the world! Nice game.

24. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles- Echoes of Time

- The best ARPG for the DS. You get to pick a character, it's class, then later on you can hire mercenaries as your allies! You can gather materials to make armors and weapons, and even change your hair color! The story is very good, I tell you! Highly Recommended!

25. LEGO Rock Band

- LEGO Rockband is Rockband... But it's LEGO! Good music, the only problem is the volume's too low, and there are only 25 songs.

26. Phantasy Star Zero

- One of the best ARPGs. Phantasy Star lets you choose from its wide collection of race classes with each race a different story.

27. Castlevania- Order of Ecclesia

- Well, I'm a Castlevania fan so I really Highly Recommend this. The story is so good, and the battle mechanics are awesome. Your weapons are not really weapons... But Glyphs. If you equip a Glyph, you can summon it to fight monsters. Whether it be a sword, or a fireball, THERE'S SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM! And you can combine certain Glyphs to make a powerful attack! This game is AWESOME.

28. Cooking Mama 2- Dinner with Friends

- It's Cooking Mama again but with more dishes to cook, and you can now customize the kitchen and Mama!

29. Shin Megami Tensei- Devil Survivor

30. Call of Duty- World at War

31. Final Fantasy Tactics A2- Grimoire of the Rift

32. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles- Rings of Fate

33. Trauma Center Under the Knife 2

34. Animal Crossing

35. Final Fantasy XII- Revenant Wings

36. Pokemon Rangers- Shadow of Almia

37. Gardening Mama

38. Knights in the Nightmare

39. Club Penguin- Elite Penguin Force

40. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon- Explorers of the Darkness

41. Valkyrie Profile- Covenant of the Plume

42. Bakugan Battle Brawlers

43. Metal Slug 7

44. Advance Wars Days of Ruin

45. Super Mario 64 DS

46. Tetris DS

47. Bleach Dark Souls

48. LEGO Batman

49. Disgaea- The Hour of Darkness

50. Dragon Ball Origins

51. Super Robot Taisen OG Saga- Endless Frontier

52. Final Fantasy III

53. Yoshi Island DS

54. The Legendary Starfy

55. Brain Age 2

56. Suikoden Tiekreis

57. Dragon Quest V- Hand of The Heavenly Bride

58. Pokemon Mystery Dungeons- Explorer of Time

59. Rune Factory 2- A Fantasy Harvest Moon

60. Metroid- Prime Hunters

61. Summon Night- Twin Age

62. LEGO Star Wars- The Complete Saga

63. Sonic Rush Adventures

64. WarioWare- Touched!

65. Castlevania- Dawn of Sorrow

66. Harvest Moon- Island of Happiness

67. Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2008

68. Call of Duty 4

69. Contra 4

70. Mario Hoops 3 on 3

71. Mini Ninjas

72. Fire Emblem- Shadow Dragon

73. LEGO Indiana Jones- The Original Adventures

74. Fossil Fighters

75. Ben 10 Alien Force

76. Mario VS Donkey- March of the Minis

77. Phoenix Wright- Ace Attorney

78. Avalon Code

79. Drawn to Life

80. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon- Explorers of the Sky

81. Cooking Mama

82. Call of Duty Warfare Mobilized

83. Age of Empire Mythologies

84. Assassin's Creed- Altairs Chronicles

85. Digimon World

86. Naruto Shippuden- Ninja Council 4

87. Star Wars The Clone Wars Jedi Alliance

88. G- Force

89. LEGO Battles

90. Big Bang Mini

91. Elite Beat Agnets

92. Dragon Quest IV

93. Sonic Rush

94. Resident Evil- Deadly Silence

95. Megaman Star Force 3- Black Ace

96. Apollo Justice- Ace Attorney

97. Rune Factory- A Fantasy Harvest Moon

98. Nostalgia

99. My Japanese Coach

100. Digimon World Dawn

New cool games:
    - Sands Of Destruction
    - Band Hero
    - Dragon Ball Z Attack of the Saiyans
    - Need for Speed Nitro

EDIT:

NICE! It has comments AND links! Will be updated.

2. GhanaChris

GhanaChris Well-Known Member

Re: Top 100 Most Downloaded Games =Will be Updated to 200=

I don't know why we need this..., it's the same if you goto: Downloads -> Nintendo DS -> Sort by "Downloads" & 'Descending' -> Filter "Region" & "USA". Yeah, and in there you can just click it and download it right away....

3. stalker ds

stalker ds Member

can't you link em to make it go easy because i love my hand

4. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

It's for the lazy people.

5. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Hey Haseo, you should totally link the names of the game to the RomU download page.
    I'm happy to help, if you want :D

6. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Yes, I'd like to do that. Please help me. ;D

7. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Re: Top 100 Most Downloaded Games =EDIT: WITH LINKS!=

Kingdom hearts is awfully close to becoming number 1.

8. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

So you are helping lazy people become accustomed to being lazy. Kamui's thread is enough. If you want the rating system as you suggested, go PM him and work this thing out in a single STICKIED thread.

9. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Yes. Yes I am. Now kindly shut the fuck up.

10. darky000

-deleted- too much assumption. :p

11. p4tman

p4tman Guest

No one cares what you think.

Any way nice work Haseo. It's Not gonna help me now since I'm loving Sands of Destruction but it'll come in handy one day.

12. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Re: Top 100 Most Downloaded Games =UPDATED!=

Meh, I'm already putting links so even if this this got locked or something, people can still use it.

By the way, I updated it to 60!

Easy kitten. I just got nothing better to do.

13. darky000

My stand would be the same, Haseo. It would be better if you both merge your ideas into one. With your rankings and comments on the game. It would help users looking for the best recommended ds games in one organized sticky thread.

Unless you got some other reasons?

14. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

That would be fine enough. Now stop contradicting. >:|

15. darky000

Fine. >_<

Much better now with comments added.

16. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Well, I got 28 of the games commented.

I NEED HELP!

I need comments of the game, because:

- I can't comment them all in just an hour.
    - I haven't played some of the games.

Post your comments here! Your name will pop out after each of your given comments of a certain game! ^^,

17. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

29. Shin Megami Tensei- Devil Survivor
    -Can you survive the lockdown? Fight demons for your life using... ...demons. Choose your path and allies, pairing them with unique demons obtained through the auction or by fusing. With a unique SRPG style with awesome soundtrack and old/new school graphic, get ready to survive through one of the best game of 2009.

32. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles : Rings of Fate
    -Immerse yourself in the fantasy world of crystal chronicles as you take control of a young boy accompanied by his sister as they together, journey to stop evil from taking over the kingdom. A nice action rpg with a good story though not as deep as other final fantasy games.

41. Valkyrie Profile : Covenant of the Plume
    -A unique SRPG with a deep and dark storyline. Fight your way, killing your teamates in return for godly power if you choose to do so as you journey to take revenge on the one who ruined the life of your family.

51. Super Robot Taisen OG Saga : Endless Frontier
    -Great storyline, check. Awesome and unique battle system, check. Great graphics(at least during battles), check. Eye pleasing female characters, check. So what else you need to know? You can download it right know here in romulation.

61. Summon Night : Twin Age
    -A nice RTSRPG utilising the function of the touch screen. Has a light but nice storyline with decent battle system. Unfortunately, it is not as good as it can be, with quite a few flaws or cheap tricks you can use during battles. Still a nice little game to pass the time.

65. Castlevania- Dawn of Sorrow
    -Fans who have played aria on sorrow on the gba, need I say more? The sequel to the awesome platform rpr for the gba, dawn of sorrow offers an even better experience for both experienced players and those new to the series. Story isn't much to brag about but is still pretty good for a castlevania game. A good action platformer with rpg elements such as level ups, weapons and hundreds of souls to collect, this game is a must have for DS owners.

77. Phoenix Wright- Ace Attorney
    -Want a game with great storyline without fighting or dungeon crawling? Then look no further. Phoenix Wright lets you take control of a defense attorney named phoenix wright as you investigate murder scenes(no gruesome ones) and take on trials as you go against odds to prove your client's innocence. Though doesn't require too much brain and albeit too linear, the storyline is so good you don't need a 5-star gameplay to accompany it.

95.Megaman Star Force 3- Black Ace
    -Fans of the starforce series will either find it almost identical to previous megaman star force of the series or regard it as the best and most likely the last as wel in the series. Players new to the series should play this straight away as you don't lose out on anything without playing the first 2 in the series while those that have played the 1st 2 and are looking for something new are likely to be disappointed though it does feature a nice noise transformation system which may get you hooked. With a repititive and average storyline and a unique card/action battle system, this game will have a selected number of fans, either you like it or you don't.

Pretty brief comments. I guess if the readers want to know more they can always go to gamefaqs or gamespot or even wiki them. No need to put my name though. Just though I'd give you a hand xD If you want I can give more detailed comments or add to some of the already commented games. It's up to you wether you want to use them or not though ^^ I won't shoot you if you don't...or should I? xD Anyway, just figured I'd help out.

18. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Just to say Kingdom Hearts is now number 1.

19. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

17. Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds Stardust Accelerator- World Championship 2009
    -Basically its 2008 with more cards.And has a story line following the anime.And has AI that cheats,have somewhat good decks,and take forever to end their turn.

(I'm serious on this one,but more cards is just the whole point of this game :p)

20. darky000

AI cheats? I don't have the slightest idea they cheated. Good decks? more like Great decks in early bouts! Make you want to cheat cards.... ok I cheated. lol. >_<