1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Top 10 Best Graphics on a Nintendo DS game

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by shocksuspect, Apr 22, 2010.

1. shocksuspect

shocksuspect Active Member

I made a video for what I believe to be the top 10 best looking games for the DS. Don't worry, it's not some crappy windows movie maker slideshow or shaky cam footage, the video is well put-together. URL's here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO6EVwoQZyU

and if you want to check out my YouTube channel for more top 10's and recent DS reviews, click here:

www.youtube.com/user/theshocksuspect

Let me know what you think of the list and if you agree with it; just respect it as my opinion though.

:)

2. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Nice review.

Your reviews are really well put together :)
    Keep up the great work.

3. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

i enjoyed the review- grabbing the two i dont already have, (#1 and #11)

4. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

great job :)

5. 123098

123098 Member

Nicely done!
    I'm going to subscribe right now!

6. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Nicely going shock, are you still going to make vid reviews?

7. ventehxieteh

ventehxieteh Well-Known Member

nice vids man have watched most of your well put together vids love your accent kinda funny, no offense whatsoever.. subscribed on your channel keep it up!

8. Zealous525

Zealous525 New Member

I like the reviews, really helpful and insightful. I also like the little humor you added. :)

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I think you value "cel-shaded" games a little too much. I think KH deserved the number one spot, because to me, "cel-shaded" got old as soon as Wind Waker came out.

Other than that, it's a pretty good list.

10. Silentexe

Silentexe Active Member

KH should've been number two, I mean, just look at those characters! They didn't even need cel-shading to make it look good! The graphics on the game almost looks like an early PS2 game!

11. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

cool cool cooooooooooooooooool. I like your reviews and all

12. Arcelio

Arcelio Well-Known Member

Color me impressed. Your review actually pointed out some games that I didn't even know existed, which I'm buying soon (since I don't have a Flash Card anymore :-[).

13. Strife89

Strife89 Member

I, for one, am impressed at your video overall and your selections. (There were some games that I thought would be on the list, but oh well. Can't have 'em all. :) ) I was introduced to a few games that I have never given a look, but I definitely will now. Thanks for the roundup. :)

14. 1up01

1up01 Member

Well, you just earned a subscription from me. I'll be trying out the last 2 games, and I'll probably check out your other videos.

What kind of accent is that, anyway?

15. The Pirate

The Pirate Active Member

Its british. He sounds kind alike he had a bit of a cold though.

16. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

I just tried out Dragon Quest Monsters Joker
    Really great graphics.

17. paulthegreen

paulthegreen Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me the list. because I can't watch vid - Low speed internet at the moment. Thanks.

18. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Great video.

I agree with number 1 at least. DQMJ had f**king awesome graphics, monster animations were perfect, really not that far off from VIII on PS2.

But off topic: the game had its flaws -
    1. disappointing, boring story which was badly spaced out.
    2. too slow paced, caused by the running speed (pretty bad considering the size/scale of the environments)
    3. lv grinding was especially tiring (forced to retrain because of the synthesis)

From what I've seen of DQMJ2, 1. & 2. has been improved on nicely, not sure on 3. I can't wait for it's release.

19. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    I only started playing recently. I think it's good but there's not much excitement and its slow and it gets boring.

20. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

a nice review. but i think you missed out some ds games with decent graphics like mario hoops, that one has pretty smooth graphics for a ds game. and now that dementium 2 is out too...