1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tooo many adverts...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheMagnitude, Oct 1, 2007.

1. TheMagnitude

TheMagnitude Member

Some adverts are alright, and don't bother me but the Ads that come up just in front your your mouse when you hover over a link are really starting to get on my nerves because sometimes it means you can't click on whatever you wanted unless you click somewhere else first :-\.

Don't get me wrong this is a truly GREAT site, and i can't wait for Zelda, but just consider what I said.

-Adam

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

sorry, we can't reduce the number of ads. We barely break even as it is, and often make a loss.

3. TheMagnitude

TheMagnitude Member

Thats fair enough then.

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Ah loony we don't make a loss anyway, but indeed we can't decrease, pop ups are the only form of "guaranteed" income we have, the rest relies on people buying points/premium membership or actually clicking ads, so I'd rather not rely on that.

But yeah, with a $939 server bill per month we do need to use this. The alternative is either to downgrade our servers and then limit people heavily or make it for donators only.

5. satscholar

satscholar New Member

then u should lightly limit the number of downloads perday per person like about 5 downloads perday or something, cause the ads are really annoying

6. z3311z

z3311z Well-Known Member

you could probaly code it so that the ads happen at loging?
    or before the dl
    two extra places
    two extra places to save money

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I agree that the ads are a pain, but for free roms... come on guys quit complaining, Id become a premo member if i wasnt a poor ass student lol, also I only DL NDS roms so I dont really need the points. Maybe if i come into some money ill become a premo member just to support the site, itd be worth it.

8. Seph

If you want that then go to another ROM site, there are plenty who limit your daily usage, we're about unlimited usage for gamers, that's just the style we chose.

9. xieu_long

xieu_long New Member

FREE ROMS!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \^o^/

Sorry... I ll shut up now. >.>

10. nirund

nirund New Member

By far, the best rom site the way it is...

11. Darkanik

Darkanik New Member

Maybe you could click an ad or two and help them out.
    This is one of two serious ROM sites that don't try to make you vote for them/click ads before downloading each one.
    No bullshit, quick downloads.
    The other is for Retro ROMs which is great because here doesn't have a huge collection of NES games.
    This site is the best.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Even if we did limit the number of downloads, we'd still have to pay server bills, therefore we'd still have ads to make the money to pay the bills with.

13. z3311z

z3311z Well-Known Member

yeah but you can find nes roms anywhere

honeslty i will deal wit shit loads of adds instead of voting and all that jazz

14. trueblue882

trueblue882 Member

the ads are becoming disgusting...for a 11 year old.

15. Seph

We try to keep an eye out for ads that are too mature, we have blocked several ads already, if you see any ads that's only for a mature audience then please do tell us the company name so that we can block it.

We do not want those ads either.

16. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

there are a few ads seph which have a naked Asian womon on them for Mate1 I think. Also the love calculator one that pops up over the page you are veiwing is by far the worst :mad: if you could maybe replace that one?

17. Seph

We have banned love calculator ads before; I will definitely have a look at it when I return home from work today.

18. trueblue882

trueblue882 Member

Thanks Seph, I can download things in peace again :D

19. Seph

I have removed ads I found to feature scantily clad women, the love calculator ones I saw wasn't crude in any way most of them didn't even feature real girls.

20. stevo11185

stevo11185 Well-Known Member

just men pretending to be women :O