1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Too worn to play anymore?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by saikkussu, Dec 29, 2010.

1. saikkussu

saikkussu Well-Known Member

I have an old R4SDHC and it seems that the electrical contacts are worn to the point that it doesn't work anymore on my individual dsl. My tests concludes that my dsl works with legit games/ other games I don't use as much as the r4sdhc and the R4sdhc card works-but only in a different ds. In fact- the moment it had stopped working- I had been playing Pokemon Black (no problems) until it randomly froze (i think it was more hardware connection and not the software or firmware). Since then I have not been able to get my DS to even recognize that that R4sdhc card is there, let alone load anything. Cleaning the contacts- even with alchohol (the expensive grade-a stuff that is used to clean electrical contacts) does not change anything.

Is there any way I can make them work together again? Or am I out of luck?

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

probably some contact issues. you can try the paper trick: http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=790&f=8&sid=81d91d5dac351bc0ee037cbf2ff4c57d

3. saikkussu

saikkussu Well-Known Member

It turns out you're right. It is contact issues- but I thought it was on the card and not in the DS. Once I got a good look inside I saw it was not pretty. the far right is bent and the far left is gone and the 2nd to far left is a stub. I'm surprised its working at all. But now that I know what the issue is I'll still try the Paper trick and if that doesn't work- well- then its about time to sound the funeral procession.