1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Too Many Games (Head count)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by zaghi, Oct 2, 2008.

1. zaghi

zaghi Active Member

I remember the days when you had enough time to finish a game before the next one was released, as time goes on I am finding it dificult to do.

I started playing on spectrum ZX81, Spectrum 48K, C64 AtariST, Playstation, PS2 and I now have DS (given up on consoles, only one telly and GF uses that)

The amount of games for each is unbelievable too. It is getting close to the spectrum and C64 and Spectrum quantities. I remember my dad having a s**t load of casettes with hundreds of games for the speccy alone.

I think it would be interesting to know how many games exist for each console..

Someone fill in the gaps..

Spectrum 48/128K =
    C64 =
    Nes =
    Snes =
    N64 =
    Gamecube
    Megadrive =
    Master System =
    Dreamcast =
    Playstation =
    Playstation 2 =
    XBox =

New gen:
    Wii =
    PS3 =
    XBox 360 =
    Nintendo DS =
    PSP =

Feel free to add consoles and systems with their games count...

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I use my computer monitor for my consoles :)

3. zaghi

zaghi Active Member

I am on an old Mac Powercube and don't have enough money to upgrade it or to get a pokey PC for stuff like that....

I would like a projector room just for games, one wall dedicated to the screen, mmmmmmmmmmmm

anyway, that's not what the posts about ;)

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you just need a monitor and a converter box.

5. ultra

ultra Guest

aren't those converter box like 50-100 bucks and you only get composite or svideo inputs.

i understand what zaghi means. you used to have games that got out once in a while and had enough time to play and finish it. now there are too many being released and you barely have the time to play due to one's personal life and other restraints. it makes it seem that the companies aren't doing anything new and are just rehashing or recycling old concepts with just better technology [example, ff series]. no wonder the japanese aren't jumping the wagon for ps3/360. but no worries, nintendo is here to possibly fix this problem.

6. Fwow13

Fwow13 Member

I filled in some of the Nintendo slots, these numbers are good for North America. I don't know if they represent games from any other regions.

Spectrum 48/128K =
    C64 =
    Nes = 806
    Orginal GameBoy = 711
    Snes = 785
    N64 = 387
    Gamecube =
    Megadrive =
    Master System =
    Dreamcast =
    Playstation =
    Playstation 2 =
    XBox =

New gen:
    Wii =
    PS3 =
    XBox 360 =
    Nintendo DS =
    PSP =

7. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

EDIT: these are all that I could find. The next gen consoles are still making new games so its pointless to count.

Spectrum 48/128K = 14,000+
    C64 = 20,000+
    Nes = 806
    Orginal GameBoy = 711
    Snes = 785
    N64 = 387
    Gamecube = 648
    Megadrive =
    Master System = 318
    Dreamcast =
    Playstation =
    Playstation 2 = 1800+
    XBox = 950

New gen:
    Wii =
    PS3 =
    XBox 360 =
    Nintendo DS =
    PSP =

8. zaghi

zaghi Active Member

You are right on the rehashing thing, I tried the new FF's but couldn't get FF7 out of my head as a point of reference, needless to say I got rid of all of the versions that I tried as they couldn't come near.