1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tons of weird files

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by yoshi2889, Mar 6, 2010.

1. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Hello :-\

I wanted to save the logo of Bejeweled Twist, using DSBuff... But when it was saved, a whole bunch of folders and files appeared.

Example folder: €"îi??&@<

Moonshell says that the files are 1 GB each, while there are 12 of them and my card is only 8 GB...

Problem is; I want to keep my games, Moonshell 2.10 and the No$GBA installed on it.
    Can I copy them without damaging the laptop?

EDIT: When I put in the SD again, it has even MORE of those files and folders..!!!

Nothing to do, but how can I prevent it from happening again?

Please help... Answer the question please...

2. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Don't EVER try to change the logo on a DS game when the game is in the Mocro SD Card, it screws up the header. You will need to Copy back all your games and firmware and do an overwrite format using Panasonic SD Formatter.

3. yoshi2889

I already formatted it, I could not find the old R4iMenu, R4.dat, _system_, moonshl2, etc. files/folders back in the huge wall of those folders...

Anyway, thanks for the tip (I was trying to save the logo, but I accidently pressed the button under it).

4. v27pig

v27pig Well-Known Member

a friend of mine asked me to put some games on her daughters 8gb card, and every time i added a game, checked to see if it worked loads of other files/folders had been added. i was told to make seperate game folders (1-5) and put the games in there, it stopped the extra strange files being added.

5. yoshi2889

I have the folders (games sorted on number):

0 - 1000
    1000 - 2000
    2000 - 3000
    3000 - 4000
    4000 - 5000

So that is 5 folders... :-\

EDIT: But do they look like "%*#3H#$" that?

6. v27pig

v27pig Well-Known Member

i change the name of my games to get rid of the numbers, but that works too, lol