1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tomb Raider II dont work

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by kyle345, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyle345

kyle345 Member

Hey i just downloaded Tomb Raider II and the starting credits work fine but when i go to new game or lara's house it just goes to an endless black screen.
    The plugins im using are:

Video - PEOPS Soft Driver 1.18
    Sound - PEOPS Dsound Audio Driver 1.9
    CDroM - ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0

My computer specs are below but i doubt they are the problem because they can play call of duty world at war easily.

Video Card - Nvida Geforce 9800 GTX
    CPU - 2.6 GHz
    RAM - 2 GB
    HDD - 1000 GB (1 TB)

Thanks for your help!

2. Ultima069

Ultima069 Member

Well theres your problem, your using some crappy "Last-Resort" plugins, use Petes OpenGL/DirectX plugins and try some different sound plugins.

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Your computer spec is okay.

Try what ultima has suggested.
    If not working, try using the "nice" option.

4. kyle345

kyle345 Member

No didnt work i changed the plugins like you said Ultima but it still goes to that endless black screen. Oh and i also tried using the nice settings

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Try other versions of ePSXe, like 1.5.2 and 1.6.0

6. kyle345

kyle345 Member

Can i just like degrade 1.7 or do i have to download 1.5 and install it all and start over again because i dont want to waste my usage unless i know that it works.
    plus i dont see how the old versions would have a chance of working because the newer version must of fixed all the bugs and all that.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Not really.

some final fantasy/square made games work better on epsxe 1.52.

Some programs have revision problems..it happens, thus the newest isn't always the best.

8. TirithRR

Different versions of ePSXe work well with different games. While newer versions of the emulator fix some bugs, it breaks other things.
    If you really want to play numerous PSX games with ePSXe, you should keep 1.5.2, 1.6.0, and 1.7.0 on your computer and just use which ever version is most compatible with the game you want.

For example:
    1.7.0 does not work well with Disc Changes. Many games which require them freeze during the disc change when using this version.
    1.5.2 works well with many Square Enix games, including the Final Fantasy games.

The amount of disc space taken up by the ePSXe program is laughably small, and it won't use any resources unless you run it, so there is no reason to avoid having multiple versions.

9. kyle345

kyle345 Member

ok kool ill try it and ill tell you how i go
    Post Merge: [time]1261753165[/time]
    Ok ive just download 1.5.2 and 1.6 and opened up tomb raider II on both of them but when i click new game or lara's house it still goes on with that endless black screen

10. TirithRR

Use Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 video plugin. Play with the settings a bit.

11. kyle345

kyle345 Member

no still comes up with black screen and tried it on 1.5.2, 1.6 and 1.7

12. TirithRR

Alright, the issue isn't the video plugin, it's the sound plugin.

I changed my sound plugin to Eternal SPU and it worked fine.

13. kyle345

kyle345 Member

Nope still dont work i used eternal spu 1.5 plugin and eternal spu lite 1.4

14. TirithRR

Works fine for me with ePSXe 1.7.0, Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 with nice settings, and Eternal SPU 1.41 with update before accessing register and cache VAG decode turned on.

15. kyle345

kyle345 Member

Still dont work i done exactly what you said, i opened tomb raider 2 beginning movie works fine as always then i go to Game > New game and it just goes to that black screen again

16. meganova

This will be endless,

How about post some screenshots?

17. TirithRR

More specifically, screenshots of your configuration screens. Not of the error in game.

18. kyle345

kyle345 Member

erm how do i post screen shots?

19. TirithRR

Press the PRT SCR (print screen) button and it will copy everything on your monitor view to the clipboard.
    Then open up MSPaint (or any other image software) and choose Edit -> Paste
    You now have a screenshot. Save it, and upload it to an image host like www.imageshack.us
    Then just post the link to the image.

20. meganova

Upload it to image-hosting site such as Photobucket, Imageshack and then copy the image url and put it in the between of the tag below.
    Code:
    [IMG]Insert image url here[/IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.