1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by XtremeBlade, Feb 19, 2009.

1. XtremeBlade

XtremeBlade Well-Known Member

"H.A.W.X. is set in 2021 above the skies of a world increasingly dependent on private military companies (PMCs) and elite mercenaries who have a relaxed view on the law. As these non-governmental organizations gain power, global conflict erupts with one powerful PMC attacking the United States.

The game is set in the same universe as Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter; as Captain Scott Mitchell, the Ghost leader, is featured in one of the missions.[8] Plot elements are carried over from other Tom Clancy games such as the missile defense system found in Tom Clancy's EndWar.[8] G4's interview with H.A.W.X.'s lead designer reveals that the game takes place in between Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 and Tom Clancy's EndWar.

The player begins the game as a former U.S. Air Force Pilot David Crenshaw who provides fire-support missions for the Ghost team as part of an elite unit called H.A.W.X. Some time after the events of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, the player joins a PMC, Artemis Global Security, and flies missions for them until there is a crisis with the United States being attacked by the player's PMC. At this point, the player returns to the United States Air Force to defend the country from the PMC. It gives the player a sense of real air combat and ultimate control."

Ok so who else thinks this game is gonna be great?

Some boxart:
    [​IMG]

2. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

i played the demo off xbl and was very disappointed.....got deleted from my hard drive in less time it took to download

3. XtremeBlade

I'll admit that the demo was pretty shit but i've been told that the actual full game is alot better but who knows for sure.

4. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

What about the demo that sucks? The gameplay or what?

5. XtremeBlade

Some info on gameplay.

"The game features an Enhanced Reality System (ERS), which can include radars, incoming missile detection, an anti-crash system, damage control system, tactical map, information relay, weapons trajectory control and the ability to give commands to an AI squadron. When fully activated, ERS provides assistance to the player. Some or all of these assists can be turned off to make the game more difficult and give the player more maneuverability. ERS can be disabled by a single button press which gives more direct control over the plane. A cockpit view, 'first person', and 'third person' views are selectable. Many were skeptical about the success of the simulation after developers first refused to mention the existence of the cockpit view. An additional distant third person view is supported that gives the player an external view of both their plane and the target."

Release dates:
    March 6, 2009 (UK)
    March 3, 2009 (USA)
    March 12, 2009 (AUS)

If you need anymore info just ask.

6. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

I have played the demo of this POS and I must say;
    THIS GAME SUCKS THE MONKEY'S F**XXXZROX!!

I prefer to play Ace Combat 6-Fires of Liberation instead of this Ace Combat Rip-off!

The controls suck,
    The Missions are near-impossible to beat,
    The Leveling system is bull-shat
    And the selectable fighters and weapons where just a total POS that I almost smashed my 360 Controller trying to fly those flying crap cans.

Pick up a copy of Ace Combat 6 instead of this game.
    Don't even pirate this game, it will be a waste of a DVD - R!

7. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

OK first off its not that bad as mister calvin makes it to be. The mission wasnt "near impossible to beat" but rather almost too easy only on certain missions does it get challenging. But still I must say Its a real disapointment. Its an ordinary flight simulator game to me

8. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

Using the airplane on BattleField heroes is wayy better than this game.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Those features arent new. the flight sims I was playing in the 80s had radar and missile warning systems.

10. XtremeBlade

I never said they were new, did I?

11. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

He was just stating that they aren't new, and that they have been used before, regardless of whether you said they were new or not.