1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Roberttitus, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roberttitus

Roberttitus Active Member

Okay... I know I post alot of these "this game doesn't work" threads, but this one is a whole new form of strange. I downloaded the game to get a rar file... that is of course normal, but inside the RAR file was another RAR that can't be unzipped.

I am using Winrar before you ask.... is this... uhhh... normal?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It's very common for BIN or ISO files to be associated with WinRAR. It's likely that when you extracted the file, it was a BIN or ISO, and when your computer saw that, it didn't know what to do with it other than the WinRAR program.

What system is the game for?

3. Roberttitus

Roberttitus Active Member

It is a dreamcast game.

It claims that it was an iso file, but I can't seem to figure out why it would be seeing as I didn't think that DC games came in that format.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

DC games can be ISO/BIN/CCD, etc. CDI is the preferred format, but the others can work as well.

Your file associations are just a bit screwy. Everything will work the same, your computer just thinks that WinRAR can open the ISO file. You can either try to associate it with another program, or you can ignore it and use it like you usually would (Daemon Tools, IMGBun, Discjuggler, what ever programs you want).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.