1. This forum is in read-only mode.

To wait, or not to wait. that is the ? (pokemon related)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by ironmunky, Feb 13, 2011.

1. ironmunky

ironmunky Member

Should I wait for the US version rom release or go ahead and try to play the (j) version with the english patch?
    Well I guess the real question is how long it will take to get past the AP in the US version. Oh and yeah I'm going to buy the actual game and back it up, but I'm not going to buy it until it's backupable.

Oh and of course I'm talking about black and/or white.

2. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Not very long since i doubt the (U) A.P with be much different from the J one

3. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

I have no idea how "complete" the translation is.

If you really like pokemon, I would play the (J) version to get all event pokemons (like Celebi at the moment, zorua and zorark) and transfer everything to the (U) version when it arrives.

4. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Though the above poster has a point, you needn't worry about the event pokemon since they are currently being given away right now over Wi-Fi.

As of now, they are giving away the Shiny Entei over Wi-Fi for Europe, Australia and America. This will unlock Zoroark in the US version of Black/White when you transfer it over. This will end at Feb 20, 2011 so get while you can. Unfortunately, if you heard about this now, they already ended the Shiny Raikou event, so if you haven't got it yet, You'll never see one ever (unless you trade of course). And you won't have the complete set.

Also, I heard that on Feb 22, 2011, Gamestop will have a special Celebi giveaway. This celebi is supposed to be the same as the one which was given out in Japan and will unlock Zorua in the Black/White Version and will also allow you to view the Team Rocket backstory in Heartgold/Soulsilver.

And yes, all of these pokemon can be downloaded into your Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver games.

5. cer328

cer328 New Member

I played the J one and the backup was translated 70% at the time. The translation was complete until i hit black city but it doesn't interfere with gameplay. As for the shiny event Pokemon. I can confirm that there is in fact a Celebi located on the gamestop distribution cart. As to the date I do not remember but my buddy has the cart since he works at gamestop. I would buy the US version when it comes out in 3 weeks play the story until a reasonable backup comes along. The only reason i backup my games is to add Action Replay codes to speed up EV maxing. (don't flame) But like i said there is next to no problems with the patch other than i know white seemed to crash quite a bit.