1. This forum is in read-only mode.

To install Wood R4 as a secondary OSMenu a.k.a. How to make woodR4.nds loader

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by fbsonic, Dec 3, 2010.

1. fbsonic

fbsonic Active Member

I'd like to share the information about decrypting menu.dat into .nds file, but the moderator has already closed the CK3's thread.

http://gbatemp.net/t227742-new-users-guide-to-setting-up-wood-r4

go to section "To install Wood R4 as a secondary OSMenu" (the thread is huge, just use CTRL+F)

Hope it helps.

Have a nice day

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Re: To install Wood R4 as a secondary OSMenu

Fbsonic,

Here's the latest Wood R4 v.1.18 link: http://filetrip.net/f22924-Wood-R4-1-18.html
    **Always try to browse from Filetrip when you want to find the latest version to upload to your topic page. And the legitimate one is always uploaded by Another World and Yellow Wood Goblin.

The link you provided above is on how to install it for new users.

Basically what you need to add in your tutorial is that for each new update, its ok to simply replace the:
    1. _DS_MENU.DAT
    2. r4_sd.dldi

Not necessary to always replace the entire _rpg folder. I always do this everytime the wood r4 got updated by Yellow Wood Goblin.

Good luck!

3. fbsonic

fbsonic Active Member

Thanks for the additional information, prectorian

I never use .nds loader since i use DS lite and use my NDS just to play games

But other user maybe accidentally upgrade their NDSi firmware to v1.4.1u and need their flahscart's firmware as the primary firmware to break the anti-flashcart system and or just to run moonshell on thier NDS. And... of course they need Wood R4 as their secondary firmware to play latest games with AP.

4. Dannysikth

Dannysikth Well-Known Member

fbsonic. Why don't you make this the Wood R4 topic??
    prectorian has provided the link to obtain it and from there it will tell you if there is a newer version. Which means you won't have to keep updating the first post like a certain someone did.
    I think most people who use Wood now should know how it works by now. But if not they could find help here.
    Post Merge: [time]1291472251[/time]
    nevermind, its already been started.

5. fbsonic

fbsonic Active Member

Windows XP alert: The DOS command prompt shortcut (shift+right click) won't work on your OS. SO you have to do it manually.

For those who forgot the key command for DOS:
    type D: and press enter on the command prompt to change to D drive
    type cd xxx and press enter on the command prompt to go to xxx directory.

For eg. : i put the wood R4 folder on NDS directory in Drive D

D: press enter
    cd NDS\wood_r4_v.1.19 press enter

will bring me to:

D:\NDS\wood_r4_v.1.19>

from there i'm good to go, just follow next step as instructed on GBAtemp forum above

-Have a nice try-

Here's the complete instruction made by my friend

Good Luck

6. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

This could be done so much easyer if you use the txt method then with CMD!