1. This forum is in read-only mode.

To anyone who uses school computers!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChevyNovaSS, Feb 26, 2010.

1. ChevyNovaSS

ChevyNovaSS Well-Known Member

Try goin to VidoEmo if your school blocks youtube!! :)

2. JohnnieBob

JohnnieBob Well-Known Member

If you get bans, this is a bad idea (Believe me!).

3. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

I usually come on here while I am in school... Managed to get some of my friends interested in the Forum section.. Quite amusing, they always ask me for proxies. >_<

4. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

We used to proxy youtube. Was easy enough.

5. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Yeah I've been through at least 10 easily.. I still have one, but I bet that gets blocked soonish, not that I care cause Romu, magically, doesn't get counted in the "forum filter," I even connected to websites directly through IP etc.

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Proxy has been blocked at our place.

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

My University doesn't have a blocker.

But they do limit your downloads....I tried download a 500MB part of a Wii game and it cut out 43% of the way through....

Another reason to pirate from home. :p

8. the blocker in my school is actually pretty good! we can access youtube and nearly all websites except for adult ones

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

My school tried blocking a few things...if you can't use winMX to download music, altavista search engine finds them easy enough XD

Heh, one dude tried using a swinsuit model as his wall paper (we all had seperate log-ins) which got a good laugh-because while the teacher dis-approved, he did little to stop him other than "should you find something more tasteful"?

I got lucky, heh I was a teachers pet, and got away with alot more than what everyone else is allowed-the level of "trust" was high XD

10. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

just like what moderasian said, romU is now uncensored lol. so now i don't have any problems accessing romU through our library PCs. but i will try that VidoEmo for youtube, the librarian nearly killed me when he saw i was using proxies. a wonderful university lol. since then i was too busy with wiki, desperate to pass my subjects =P

11. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Some game sites are blocked at our place now, that applied to some social networking site too, such as Facebook, MySpace and Friendster.
    We can only access it after 6.00p.m and blocked again after 6.00a.m.
    RomU was blocked during last semester, but now the block has been lifted.