1. This forum is in read-only mode.

tire of runing to games that cant be downloaded

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by gameboy5.0, Nov 11, 2009.

1. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

ok i some times run in to the games that are takeing down from the site. it get annoying when i find in try to download it and then it tells me. it think that give the game a color on the text to show that it takeing off like make the color red

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

This sounds useful...

How about advance warning in some form-rather than clicking and then finding out it's been removed?

3. marcy

marcy Guest

I think making the link red is as easy as removing it :-\

4. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

But if its removed people will ask why RomU does not have it.
    Making it red or something would be better.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

If it's red people will just be wondering why it's red and drawing attention... So far it's still only very few games.

6. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

mostly the Sims games right?

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Sonic games (the RPG and the Sonic&Mario Olympics), Sims games, Viva Pinata games.

8. warriorblade

warriorblade Well-Known Member

don't forget Pokemon Mystery dungeons: Explorers of sky

9. shokmunky

shokmunky New Member

Actually, Explorer of sky can be downloaded. ;D There are some games that you download, and they dont work or keep crashing the same way no matter what version you get.

10. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

That is an entirely different issue than the one being discussed. Crashes and games that don't work are caused by issues with the emulation method, etc.

11. gameboy5.0

well that might be true but then here what you do where the list of games that pop up you put a color chart
    or some thing or just put up that in x game is in red then that mean that the game can not be downloaded from the site. relly that look like the best way to do it

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

And like the common issues thread here no one would read it.

They will ask regardless of what is put up.

13. gameboy5.0

lets see then. relly i think this works but then there are the people who just do that. i am kind of one of them. well if i was to do it then tis is how i would. first i would post it for an update telling people what it will do. then from there after it is up i would have so that it in a place that every one will see it. like i said this is a good way to tell what games work and witch games do not. but it look like people read this make a post but not give it an idea just saying some thing negative. way i see it is this first find all the positive then find the negatives. and then see the positive out do the negatives

14. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Pointless.
    There are always a lot of people that won't see it.
    Just look,we have a No NDS request sticky in the Request section.
    Yet people still request NDS roms anyway.
    No one reads.

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

-No one reads stikies
    -No one reads BIG MASSIVE FONT
    -No one reads the rules
    -And certainly no one would take my advice on the matter.
    -A few aren't native english speakers as you might know, and only have enough knoledge to just make a post and get lost again
    -Some are young (13 and below) and cbf'd reading all the junk :(