1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Time to Replace My Acekard?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DTheRPGFan657289, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTheRPGFan657289

DTheRPGFan657289 Well-Known Member

I've had my Acekard 2 for a year. It still works perfectly. I've been running the Acekard 2 version 4.07 update on it for months now because ever since the new year began, the Acekard 2.1's have been on the market and it seems the newer updates from 4.11 on seem geared towards that and the 2i cartridges. Because when I run them on my 2.0 cartridge, they prompt me with the Acekard RPG software instead of the Acekard 2 software. Now, I have no clue WTF is up with Acekard and if they put up the wrong update. But I'm wondering if its time for me to spend 35-40 bucks (after shipping) to replace it my 2.0 with the 2.1 so I won't get screwed over down the line when a game I'm waiting on like so many others does come out and requires a new update in order to work.
    Post Merge: [time]1247016644[/time]
    To be more specific with my problem, I've run AKAIO, Acekard 2/2i updates from 4.11 to the latest, and even Acekard RPG on my cartridge. It WILL only read up to Acekard 2 4.07.

2. miros

miros Well-Known Member

Re: Time to Replace My R4?

I personally have an Acekard 2i for my DS Lite and it is running on the AKAIO OS. I have never had any problems with it and have been using the flash cart along with an ez-flash 3in1 V GBA pack for almost four months. Also, I ordered another for a friend and I installed the AK RPG OS and he does not have any problems that I know of. If I were you I would order an AK 2i, however I payed around 13 USD for both of the AK from the Deal Extreme with free shipping. They came in about two and a half weeks, that is really fast considering that they ship from China and that I live in the Finger Lakes. By the way, the title tag says R4 but you are replacing an AceKard...LQTM :) Best of luck,
    miros

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

2.1 shouldn't be much different in hardware, I doubt it would have more compatibility with newer firmware. You might need to contact Acekard about it though.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The 2 was just poorly made, under the label sticker is a main component (a chip) and doesn't run as well as the 2.1.

It should be still owrking otherwise-but I have heard they may not last as long due to poor manufacture, and the updates should be fine, download the 2.1 firmware as they are the same sort of card (or 2.1 for that matter-same deal it just can be used on the dsi)

5. DTheRPGFan657289

I already tried to download the updates from 4.11 to 4.17. But so far, 4.11 and 4.17 has Acekard RPG, NOT Acekard 2/2i AS THE SITE OUTLINES! I emailed them four times and they didn't write back to me. So frankly, I'm not happy right now. But I should be thankful I can still use my Acekard at all. But I'm planning to upgrade my DSLITE to a DSi, and then get the 2i anyway. But thats if I get as much as I'm hoping for for my birthday. Has anyone who has an Acekard 2.0 run the 4.17 update and gotten Acekard RPG instead of Acekard 2? Because one thing I noticed is that when I used 4.07, it has only the base folders. But 4.11 and 4.17 have additional items in their downloads. like 20 or so items, including the base folders.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Although, you may as well just use AKAIO instead.

7. DTheRPGFan657289

I did try the latest AKAIO, and even went far back as September 2008, and they still didn't work. I'm looking at potentially 35 bucks after shipping to replace my Acekard 2 cartridge with a 2.1...or if I wait till I get enough cash to upgrade to a DSi, I'll get the 2i instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.