1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Time to buy a new Card

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by mar5h, Nov 11, 2010.

1. mar5h

mar5h Member

Hi everyone

Looking for a bit of advice, I have been using R4 card on my DS and have decided to upgrade as many of the recent roms obviously dont work. I am not sure what to go for (the R4 was recommended to me and that didnt turn out to well)

Whats the best card to use and if you know a rough price i can expect to pay? All feedback much appreciated.

Oh and it a DS Lite i am wanting the card for.

Cheers

2. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Acekart 2/2i
    look at shoptemp

3. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

The R4 you're using is the original one? If it is, then your rant on the compatibility is totally pointless. Use Wood R4. If you have a clone however, get an Acekard 2 or a DSTWO.

4. CoolKill3r

if he has a clone WAIO could work!

5. NeonJ

NeonJ Well-Known Member

I recommend both the Acekard 2(i) and the SuperCARD DSTWO. The Acekard has amazing compatibility with DS games and homebrew at a neat price, but if you can go over £30, then get the SuperCARD DSTWO. While a little more expensive, the DSTWO can play GBA games with it's built-in CPU, and automatically patches games with AP. (The Acekard 2(i) also has a neat way of avoiding DS AP, if you're wondering)

I have both of these cards (got the Acekard first, obviously) and I've never really needed anything else. The only problem I have is that the Acekard sometimes doesn't get recognized by the DS, and the SuperCARD REALLY drains your battery when playing GBA.

6. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

The DSTWO is the best by far, at $35

Acekard 2i is decent, doesn't QUITE have as good compatibility as dstwo, but it's close, but it lacks a gba and snes emulator that the dstwo has. And no, snesmulds does not count, as the compatibility on that thing is atrocious.

7. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

this

8. mar5h

mar5h Member

Cheers Guys, after a little research i think the r4 card may be an original so going to attempt R4 Wood

Thanks for the help

9. CoolKill3r

All the info you need:
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701

10. kira9340

kira9340 Well-Known Member

go to goldenbridge.hk and pick one out o.o it's pretty cheap and i ordered mine ther too .o.o

11. mar5h

mar5h Member

Thanks everyone for your help, turned out wood r4 works on my card and it now has a new lease of life haha

Can I ask for some more help, a friend of mine as a DSi with a R4i card. Is there an up to date firmware for this that will work with the newly released roms. Will Wood R4 work on that.

Cheers

12. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

try checking on the card's website, i cant tell you which one it is since there are many r4i's out in the market with different websites. but it should be on the sticker of the card. wood r4 wont work for it, and ysmenu either. so the best thing he can do is buy a new card, either an acekard 2i or a supercard dstwo

13. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

well i recomedn the supercard dstwo

14. NYman

NYman Well-Known Member

I recommend the Acekard2i with AKAIO 1.8.1.

15. jjyypi

jjyypi Member

dstwo is the best