1. This forum is in read-only mode.

time commando psx to psp help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hello again, now I can't find any recent guides so I'd ask here..

Time commando is the game (pal-converted from disc I just bought) and I chose to just patch the game so it goes into nstc mode to get full screen...

Needless to say, something went wrong, the background graphics were horribly blurred...

So I tried without the patch, and it happened again...

So I ask the following...

1.Does this game work correctly once converted-if so what POPs does it need to be on?

2.If pal fails, does nstc work?

3.Where can I get the latest compatibility list for pops-need latest most complete...

I can play it...but it sucks when you can only see this scrambled background, although moving stuff is visable...

2. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will. I live in a PAL region, and the only way you will be playing PSX EBOOTS is if it's NTSC, I have gotten lucky on some occasions playing FFVII PAL version on my PSP ferfectly, only problem was it wasn't fully on-sreen. There is like a 85-90% chance that an NTSC PSX game will work. With the other 10-15% being fixable, if you try hard enough.

I've tried patching my PAL games, it's never worked, I find it easier downloading the NTSC version of a game anyway.

So I recommend trying the NTSC version if it exists, I'm pretty sure it will play perfectly.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...pal games have worked in the past, this is the first...

I have found some guides that have mentioned this works...and some that don't...thus just asking...

I hate to download something that I have the official disc of, but running out of options...unless someone can point me to a working nstc eboot (plus my speed is a factor-too dam slow thx to wireless broad band :( ) I may not try that option until later on...

PAL games just have that black border down the bottom, it's annoying but you get used to it...but this error surprised me, the charcter's and main stuff work fine, but the pre-rendered backgrounds fail horrible...

Any recent guides-I lost mine on my external hard drive :(
    Post Merge: [time]1245155012[/time]
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/archive/index.php/t-40526-p-4.html

:( game over...guess my laptop get's another victim...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.