1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Thread where you talk about the best DS games we've never played.

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by buchichu, Jun 1, 2011.

1. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

Whether they're rare, unknown, under-appreciated, whatever...list your favourite off-beat DS games you think we should try.

My list is as follows:

Inazuma Eleven
    Black Sigil (just use a cheat to limit random encounters and up experience and it's super-fun)
    Electroplankton
    Hero's Saga: Laevatein Tactics
    Coropata
    Monster Racers
    Monster Tale
    Puzzle Quest 2
    Style Boutique (I am a girl, after all)
    Kira Kira Pop Princess
    Peggle Dual Shot
    Might - Magic Clash of Heroes
    Squishy Tank
    Viva Piñata Pocket Paradise
    Fossil Fighters
    Virtual Villagers A New Home
    Hoshigami - Running Blue Earth Remix

I'm sure I'll be able to add more as I think of them.

2. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

I think there is a thread like this somewhere on the site? I don't remember and could be wrong.
    Anyway,

Tokyo beat down*
    Old school side scrolling beat em up style game with 3d graphics

lux pain*
    Shoot em up

Flower Sun and Rain - Murder and Mystery in Paradise
    same guys that created no more heroes so nuff said

little red riding hood zombie bbq*
    hot chick, zombies in a shoot em up style game

I have alot more on my hard drive, but I can't remember the names, but i'll post back again.

3. ProtomanZX

ProtomanZX Well-Known Member

Still haven't tried Inazuma Eleven. Is it worth it? and what type of game is it?

Anyway

Dementium 1 and 2 are great. its a horror puzzle game involving slaughtering zombies and still using your head to solve puzzles.

Moon is created by the same people that made Dementium. Moon is a space FPS going around shooting aliens. Keep you entertained for awhile.

IDK if TWEWY fits in here but... eh, go get it.

Lux pain has its problems. mainly the grammer and spelling being way off. (I.E. "welll some ppl. like our cakes.)

Go grab these games if you get the chance.

4. buchichu

there have probably been dozens, no point in bumping old threads though. FRESH START BABY! Also, a little confused about classifying Lux Pain as "shoot em up" ???

Totally. It's great as an rpg and the soccer thing is fun too. It's kind of soccer meets Dragonball Z, what with the superpowered abilities and such. I love games where you can recruit unique characters...this game has over 1000 dudes to recruit! I beat the game ages ago and am still just playing to find and recruit people I like. It's one of very few games with random battles where I actually enjoy the battles. I'm actually watching the anime now I enjoyed it so much.

I was able to get passed the bizarre translation choices in Lux Pain and actually quite enjoyed it.

5. ProtomanZX

ProtomanZX Well-Known Member

Wtf? soccer? I guess the best way to find out is to get it myself :p

6. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I tried desperately to think of a non-mainstream game for the DS that I've played, but I couldn't think of a single one /: l
    I'll definitely be checking out some of the ones mentioned here, though (I've heard Lux Pain is good and actually have it on my flash card, but I haven't played it); thanks for the suggestions.

7. sinnoh2

sinnoh2 Well-Known Member

Custom Robo Arena Hell Yeah 8|

8. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

9. sinnoh2

+ If you are going to play inazuma eleven i'd suggest you get the remastered version pm me for it :p it has the orig jap names instead of the bad english ones :'c

10. oblivionz

oblivionz New Member

Tales of Innocence

11. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

there is already a similar thread

12. sinnoh2

Obviously we to lazy to use the search button :p

13. buchichu

I wanted to start my own. 8)

The dub isn't TERRIBLE. It's all english voices and some of them are pretty funny. I'm pretty sure Mark/Endou is the same voice as Luke from the Layton games, lol. Anywho, I've definitely heard worse.

14. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

reported