1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Those Social-Networking Websites

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Your_Shadow446, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Your_Shadow446

Your_Shadow446 Active Member

THE SOCIAL-NETWORKING WEBSITES

We all know the basic social-networking websites, you know, Bebo, Facebook, MySpace...you know, just the couple of them. Let's brainstorm them, like how many are and the names, and the ups and downs of each one.

Please avoid flaming.

So, the names of the blogging websites and the ups and downs of each one. To test trivial knowledge, if you like.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Re: Those Blogging Websites

you mean social networking sites? they aren't the same thing as blogging sites. (wordpress/blogspot are blogging sites, myspace et al are social networking sites.)

3. Your_Shadow446

Re: Those Blogging Websites

Hmmm, yes, I meant the social networking websites. I'll fix that :)

4. hazynighthawk

hazynighthawk Well-Known Member

well i use facebook mostly. i like the way its lain out and it dosent have a million little girls likemyspace saying pc4pc every ten seconds. alos its uses your acutal name so you dont have to guess who to be your friend because if you know them you know thier name. i tihnk its just a much more mature websites. cause on myapce its cool to have 532532 friends eventhough you know like a 16nth of them.

5. Lechongbaboy

Lechongbaboy Well-Known Member

Friendster

Ups- blogs. Friends. many people use this.

Downs-mostly filipinos use this.

6. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Hyves, it's commonly used in The Netherlands (and also Brazil!). But I don't use it that much.

And then there's LinkedIn. For business contacts.

To be honest, I don't use it that much, as I don't need 400 friends.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I use RomUlation.net's Forums ;D

Though I'm not in mostly these past few days I hope you guys can forgive me, my workload's a bit heavy these past few days :(

8. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

All mainstream social networking sites are evil >:|

9. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

QFT.

A bunch of my friends use Facebook, so I joined. It's worth a monthly visit or two, but I just cannot understand those Facebookheads.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

A bunch of my friends (and my sister and other family members) use facebook. I still haven't joined and have no intention of doing so.

11. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i use myspace for looking at the bands i like as they update it with new songs and from them i can find new awesome bands

and i use facebook only to see the photo's i'm tagged in when we go out drinking

but i haven't updated my profiles since i made an account and apart from the photo's i hate facebook with every asshole updating their status every 2 seconds, like do these people not have lives? if i want to know how your feeling i'll call you up and go out.

12. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

I use Facebook and Tumblr. And no, I do not update my status every 5 minutes with something "witty". Facebook is mainly for posting photos and commenting on them, as well as reuniting with old acquaintances. Fuck the "Facebook Apps". I use tumblr because I have no time for a "real blog", and it's just somewhere I can post things quickly.

13. Luk7nk4

Luk7nk4 Well-Known Member

I frequent Communities mostly to chat with my friends that don't live in my vicinity.

UPs- simple design, ignore function

DOWNs- it takes a long time to authorize photos

14. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

A bad thing about such social networking sites is that you are also likely to run into your parents...

15. Luk7nk4

Luk7nk4 Well-Known Member

I don't mind that, i mean i don't do anything illegal :)

16. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Embaressment, nuisances, having to behave... :|

17. Your_Shadow446

It's fine if they expect you not to behave etc. etc.

I use Facebook and Bebo, but I prefer Bebo.

UPS (FACEBOOK) DOWNS
    Easy To Read Not much customization
    Set Out Easily Security??

UPS (BEBO) DOWNS
    Customizable Too much customizing slows down.
    Add Videos From ...
    YouTube