1. This forum is in read-only mode.

This year: Nintendo releasing new NDSi with larger screen

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by kamuikurou, Oct 27, 2009.

1. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Almost all Nintendo gaming news site are hot with this report :D:

http://kotaku.com/5390303/report-nintendo-releasing-new-dsi-with-larger-screen-for-japan-this-year

Well, expect a new batch of flashcart type to be out soon. ::) I'm not getting this anyway, waiting for the new DS with awesome graphics. ;D

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ah christ...

I HAVE THE 6TH DSI IN AUSTRALIA AND NOW YET ANOTHER REVISION IS COMING!

...god dam it :(

I believe it'll be using the same set up-at most just a firmware update for the cards required-it's just bigger.

3. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Soo... another reason why the new Nvidia DS is not going to appear so soon :)

4. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Who is even goin to buy it? Eveyone already either got a DSi ar stuck with a phat/lite.

5. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I'm sticking with my lite until the true sucessor arrives.

6. MysticMaja

MysticMaja Well-Known Member

A larger screen is tempting, but I'm satisfied with my DS lite so I won't buy it unless I break my DS or something :/

7. marzz92

marzz92 Well-Known Member

Another one???!!! I agree with groh, might as well wait for the true successor, one with greater graphics!

8. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

@_@ I'll continue rocking my launch day phat DS. If it's not broke, I ain't replacing it.

9. hlw_rocer

hlw_rocer Well-Known Member

fat Ds -> smaller ds lite
    Dsi -> fatter Dsi
    makes sense

10. s_quizno

s_quizno Well-Known Member

Yeah, patience is a virtue. I bought my first DS 2 years ago, a black DS lite. The first flashcart I bought is the one I still use today - the EDGE, hasn't failed me yet. I didn't do it intentionally, but I "let" the modding teams fix up most of the bugs and stuff. I also already anticipated the DS Lite's arrival - I've been very cautious about buying "the newest" product ever since the Gameboy SP with the brighter screen came out.
    Besides, nothing DSi exclusive has been released yet that compels me to buy a DSi - a low grade camera is nothing compared to the slot 2 for GBA carts.
    What's that?

11. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

http://kotaku.com/5381257/nvidia-chip-to-power-new-nintendo-ds

That. It's just a preclude to the possible announcement of a new DS. IMO, ATI did a fine job with the Gamecube.

12. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Thats just milking it now nintendo :/ seriously I see this worse then the game boy micro
    I'm already screwed with DSi I aint gonna buy another dsi I'm deffinitely not gonna fall into nintendo's little trick this time. Nintendo DS2 is what I'm gonna wait for.

13. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

I am stuck with ALL the 3... But i hear rumors that Nintendo is making 3 DS's at ONE time!

14. th3echelon89

th3echelon89 Well-Known Member

I really hate the DSi. You can't play Guitar Hero games and other games that require the slot A. Damn!

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Totally, officially announced.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE FOURTH REVISION.

Seriously, this is getting to the point of silly. The PSP has quite a bit of revisions, although I'm not considering the PSP3000 a huge revision, and the PSPGo was actually something totally new for the gaming and tech world.

This DSi LL is just a DSi with a larger screen and three preloaded DSi Ware games.

16. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

lol bigger screen DSi.... people who buy that are really a sucker.....

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I don't think so, considering that there's still people without a DS. Me and my hubby still have our large DS'.

18. yoshi2889

Sure. If people wait when Nintendo released ALL the DSi's, Nintendo has more change to make another upgrade for the first DSi, 2th, 3th and 4th to make them look the same, but not as large screen!

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Yoshi, to be honest, I have no clue what you meant.

If you meant that Nintendo has to make a whole new handheld system (or a huge change) for the DS so that there can be another revision or a new iteration. Then yes. I hope they make a new handheld system a la Gameboy (like Gameboy Color to GBA). Bump up the graphics and add a few new things (like multi touch) and backwards compatibility for the DS, then we're set for a new handheld.

This is the most revisions Nintendo have done and it's getting a little silly, if anything this means that a new system is coming, just like how soon after the Gameboy Advanced Micro, the DS was on the horizon.

I just realized the Gameboy Color didn't have any revisions, weird.

20. yoshi2889

[​IMG]

Fun stylus, does it work on an HDBoard? (Heutink Digital Board?)
    Post Merge: [time]1256811975[/time]
    Sure, they don't have, I thought the games can be played on slot-2 from the DS, tried but BANGBANG! No!
    Post Merge: [time]1256819381[/time]
    If the hardware is the same, they could make a upgrade for all at once, if thats true, its no rumor. The DSi has hardware where you say the F word to! DS's i know who are gonna be out: NVIDEA DSi, This topics DSi, PROCESSOR DSi and a DSi unknown what theres new.