1. This forum is in read-only mode.

This would be SO FLIPPING SWEET!! ^_^

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadowspaz, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Shadowspaz

Shadowspaz Member

We al know of the DS download stations, but what if you could download FULL GAMES? If I was up to date on my programming/hacking skills, I could possibly mod the DS download station to send full games to other DSes. Or homebrew a DSD.

But my main concern is: Does the DS have enough RAM to store an entire game on it?
    If you'd like to help me with this, feel free to. It would be awesome if it could actually be done.

On the other hand, if the DS can't store an entire game on it, then nevermind. :p

2. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Theres a program and mod for the PC that can send games (demos) to your DS via your wireless card, similar to the DS download stations, I had it set up before I got my R4, to asnwer your question id say no, I sent a full game to my DS and it just gave me the blackscreen, Maybe for smaller games it would be OK.

3. Void

Void Well-Known Member

No flippin' way, man. The DS has something like 4MB of RAM (+10~ with Opera Browser extension?). Not gonna happen without a flashcart. Even if you had a game small enough to stay within the DS' memory, it would make shit way too laggy.

4. Shadowspaz

Shadowspaz Member

Dang... It would still be sweet. :p

5. evans123456

evans123456 Well-Known Member

Then, would you be able to use it if you DID have a flashcart?

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if you could stream the data onto the flashcart, writing the romfile on the fly from data coming in the wireless.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

THey have the dsi shop-for some reason nintendo wants you to buy carts still...

Like me-they are old fashioned :)

But how do the download stations work?

I know on the wii it can send them off...

But the one's in shops, what are they?

In nintendo events-they send pokemon thru A DS hidden in the back...

THat's how the dump of the deoxy's event came about :)

I could send one now if I wanted too XD

..but would the ds download stations in shops be the same I wonder...