1. This forum is in read-only mode.

This might be a crazy question here...

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by artschoolgrrl, Jul 20, 2010.

1. artschoolgrrl

artschoolgrrl Active Member

What is the best place to *gasp* BUY the old Pokemon games. I got into the game last year with Diamond and now with Soul Silver, but I'm interested enough to go back and play the old school games too. I already have a GBA SP, so all I need is a place to buy the games. I know Gamestop jacks up their prices - where do you suggest I go? Is there a place online or should I start hitting up garage sales?

2. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

Craigslist.org ?
    i'm sure people sell old pokemon games

3. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Ebay.

I saw some for 5USD.

4. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Do you mean the originals for GB or the GBA remakes?
    i'd just get the remakes, unless you're collecting them or something.

5. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

You should be careful about buying them on eBay (or other sites that have sellers that aren't verified retailers); there are a lot of fake cartridges circulating there.
    You could try asking your friends/family if they have any old Poke'mon games that they are willing to give/sell you.
    I don't know what the odds are of finding them at a garage sale are. I think your best bet (unless you find cheap, legitimate copies online) is to look in some game shops that sell second-hand games.

A word of warning though; the first and second generation games have batteries fitted into the cartridge that may not function properly now (I tried playing my old Zelda: Oracle of Seasons game on my SP a little while ago; it wouldn't save properly : ( ).
    Good luck :)