1. This forum is in read-only mode.

This is probably a stupid question (FFIV) ^maybe spoilers^

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Penguin360, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Penguin360

Penguin360 Well-Known Member

How do i know that golbez is weak to an element when i use Libra?
    Because when i use libra on him, it doesn't say what he is weak against.

That is all

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

At a guess I would say its the element opposing the one he is using. Some FF monsters visually change depending on what element they are (I seem to remember one with rotating heads, each head representing an element).

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

They MAY be different titles, but based on the "original" FF4, Golbeze is a major boss, so he may have no weakness, oh & I recall once Cecil becomes a Paladin Tellah recalls all his spells, then there is a battle with Golbeze that you're not supposed to win, it's the fight where Tellah attempts to cast Meteo.

4. Penguin360

ds version the fight where rydia comes back. I've casted lybra and it says target status analyzed. But i don't know what his weakness is

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Libra or Scan tells you an enemy's stats, HP & MP as well as weaknesses, if an enemy has no weakness according to Libra then chances are, they don't have any. And as I said Golbeze is a somewhat constant boss so he may not have a weakness. I haven't played the DS version yet, but I'm guessing the gameplay is still the same so yeah, you shouldn't be to dependent on the Libra spell. Actually I always felt the Scan spell was totally useless.

6. Penguin360

never mind now because i killed him

on the ds version he has a new move which will let him change his weakness
    If you don't hit him with his weakness, then you heal him instead
    Luckily i guessed his weakness and just used summons

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Ugh! So I guess they added that randomizing element thing from FF6 then

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Not really Cahos, just have to Libra him every time you think he changes element status. Usually it happens in a sequence of time, so see if you can count how long it takes (while using a magic etc. according to type)

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Incidentally because of these FF4 help questions, I finally decided to get this remake & play it myself, and yeah, they've changed the gameplay a bit. The airship battles at the very start was different from the original & the difficulty was raised even more than the original SNES Hard type version.

But I didn't appreciate the voice acting part, because of it, Namingway had to leave & I do so love renaming my FF characters, oh well, signs of the ages though. :(

10. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I don't think his elemental weaknesses are random.

I remember the Big elemental monster in FFX cycled through its elemental weaknesses so next time look for a pattern.
    (Also if Golbez casts a certain element, chances are, he is that element).

I love the added difficulty so far. It makes my overgrinding worthwhile.

11. anandjones

That's why I said if he uses a magic etc., it should be according to his current type.

12. insanecrazy07

yeah i stated that because the elemental in FFX does the same thing.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

As I said the first enemy to do this damn elemental shifting ability was an enemy from FF6. It was that end of level boss in Kefka's cult tower, the guy who attacks you after you take the Gem Box. Back then you killed him with Ultima or Meteor, then as he dies he also casts Ultima instantly killing you, unless you cast Life 3, grr! I hate that asshole! :p

14. anandjones

Ah, on the path to kill one of the secret dragons, I see what you mean.

15. insanecrazy07

I haven't gotten that far in FF6 so I wouldn't know.