1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Thinking about upgrading my Acekard (AKAIO 1.8.1) to a DSTwo - Some Questions

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by jpt93, Nov 24, 2010.

1. jpt93

jpt93 Member

So, I upgraded from R4 to Acekard last year and have been loving it until some of the newer game releases... My 8GB SDHC Class 4 doesn;t seem to work with some of the newer games for exaample the new game 999, it should work fine with global AP disabled and the individual one enabled but I get the random crashes. I could swap to my normal 2GB SD but I like having the majority of games on a single SD.

So, is DSTwo effected by the newest AP against SDs? Well, thats what I assume it is.

Also curious on how well the in-built AP is? Does it play games without patches most of the time?

How is the OS now? I heard it was a little rough around the edges at the beginning.

How is GBA emulation? I'm sure I could dig up some classics I want to play like Golden Sun, Pokemon ect.

How is it all round?

So yeah, if you can answer any of these questions that'd be awesome. Thanks. ^_^
    Post Merge: [time]1290633484[/time]
    Also a bit confused about EOS and the regular firmware. Can anyone explain?

2. SharinganZX

SharinganZX Member

The DSTWO has never been affected by AP, all clean ROMs run fine on it. The system bypasses any AP, and if someday a game with AP that the cart won't bypass is released, the team will release a patch for the EOS that updates it and allows the game to run smoothly. There has never been a game (that I know of) that required any updates (the patch part of the EOS, not the entire OS) for the EOS (Pokemon HG/SS was an exception, though it was fixed within a weak or so) in the past year or so, all games work right away without any special patching. I love my Supercard, and love the fact that I don't have to wait for patches, I can play clean ROMs even if they have AP.

The EOS is very good right now, and is stable. It looks good, and can be customized by applying skins/themes. It also plays MP3 files and video files (I'm not sure how well this feature is because I don't use it) in just about any format.

GBA emulation isn't perfect, but it can play most ROMs without problems.

Overall the DSTWO is the best cart available right now, followed by the DSOnei, in features, compatibility, quality, and looks. I say go for the upgrade, it is definitely worth it.

3. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

personally, i have an acekard 2i with akaio 1.8.1, and havent had any problems with the AAP, in fact, i am playing 999 perfectly with no crashes or anything. make sure you format your card (back up everything first). add a new version of akaio 1.8.1. and then download the latest loaders

4. jpt93

jpt93 Member

Thanks good to know! Though, I'm pretty sure I've heard about a few other games with AP that it didn't get through first mind. Not many and not notable enough to come to mind at the moment though. Lol.

On the forum I got the rom I tried to solve it. Same conditions as you but I still got random freezing. I've made sure my settings were right, disable global AP, enable the individual AP, formatted, repeated and nothing... Hence why I'm at the point of getting a DSTwo... Everyone elses AK with 1.8.1 works fine in the conditions so the only other thing I can come up with is that my AK is somehow dodgy...

5. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

this for me, except i have an acekard 2.1, so far i haven't had any anti piracy problems with newer games thanks to the bypass AP.

6. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

well. how does it freeze, is it like the image just gets stuck or does it give you a black screen. because it could be that it is not doing contact with the ds well (acekards tend to have this problem) you could try using the paper trick and see if that works

go to section 12 - Contact issues: http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-guide-to-setting-up-your-acekard?#12

7. jpt93

jpt93 Member

Just freezes on whatever screen its on at the time for 999. If it was a contact issue wouldn't it affect all the games on my SD card? Well, I'll still look into it as if I buy a DS2 my little brother is getting mine so it could possibly be the issue. Thanks for the help.

8. sagekaos494

sagekaos494 Active Member

I'm thinking of upgrading to a DSTwo as well (From a TTDSI) Do i need to patch it to get through any nintendo anti-flash cart piracy? (I.e. update 1.4) Is it still actively updated by the DStwo team?(unlike TTDSi, which gets updates from third party people)
    Does it play Pokemon Black and White clean roms fine? Also how much does it cost? Where can i buy it (thats reliable)

9. jpt93

jpt93 Member

I can only answer a few of those questions:

It is still very much supported by the DSTwo team.

It played Black/White clean aaccordding to several people in another topic I found.

I got mine from about £33. Check the Supercard site for there trusted dealers.