1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Think it'll be long before a 3ds flash cart?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by archlvt, Sep 29, 2011.

1. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I'm aware of the crown3ds cracking the 3ds, but obviously it has serious limitations, and it's not even out (and it's rumoured to be like $100 anyway when it does come out).

I'm just wondering when you all think we'll start to see stable 3ds flash carts. In time for spring you think? Or do you think we're years away?

Just considering buying a 3ds right now and I'd rather get it as close to the release of a flash cart as possible so that it's in really good condition for it. And possibly a revision.

Basically what I'm saying is, I'm teetering on buying a 3ds, I want it but my gut is telling me to wait.

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Yes, it will take until end 2012 for a real good working flashcart.

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

A good while. And by that, I have no idea.

4. Crazyplayboy

Crazyplayboy Well-Known Member

you can buy a 3DS and then buy a regular flashcard to play DS games in your 3DS. it's your choose, man.

5. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I have a DSiXL already. It would be insanity to use a 3ds for ds games when I have a vastly superior dsixl to play them on. Thus the difficult leap from dsixl to 3ds.

6. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

The screen is smaller for starters

7. barret95

barret95 Member

so You can use a flashcard on your 3DS? but there is no flashcard that plays 3D games?

Im thinking of buying a 3DS and put my R4 card from my DS lite into it, will that work?

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

probably not. Only 1 or 2 of the hundreds of r4 variants work on 3ds.

9. Crazyplayboy

Crazyplayboy Well-Known Member

Yes, many flasahcards can play on 3DS, but only DS games. which r4 card do you have, what is the official site. and some r4 cards can work on 3DS, but i think you need to update your flashcard first if you bought the R4 card long time ago, by the way, It has been confirmed that the R4i gold from r4ids.cn is the best r4 card running on 3DS which is this one : http://www.digitopz.com/r4i-gold-3ds-flashcard-for-nintendo-3ds-p-216.html