1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Them Government/Army Weapons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doughboy, Oct 18, 2010.

1. doughboy

doughboy Guest

So heres the thing...
    We have been advancing in technology, and recently (or maybe all the time) in our weaponry/gadgets for war/agents.
    My question to you is, What is an invention/technological/weaponry advancement that you would like to see be made?
    The government would fund this, so keep it mostly professional, we are not making 'pig-men'... ::)
    I personally would like to see:
    -advanced, hologram training for soldiers
    -night-vision/infrared contacts
    (your views on war is another topic altogether, so try to refrain from posting "i am against war" here, make your own topic if you like)

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

A pistol that shoots out gunpowder saying "I SURRENDER". We could give that to the french.

3. doughboy

doughboy Guest

lol :D

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Nuke that doesnt have any side effect of the current nuke. why use tank and bullets when you can win a war by pressing the big red button?

5. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Nuclear isn't nuclear for nothing. As for the topic:

How about devices that renders the user invisible.
    Y'know, the one Snake has? :p

6. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

That has been in development for a long time. There's a method to use cameras that project what is behind the vehicle and make it look transparent. Of course, Snake is way ahead of them ;D

I'd like to see guns that shoot bullets full of a mind control chemical. Not for the military, but for me. How else will I get my minions?
    ^Before anyone says anything; yes, I am aware that the CIA has tried Mind Control but failed. I won't though >:D

7. calvin_0

the japanese is researching that technology, its far from being close to what snake had though.

death ray ring any bell?

well Brainwash is a form of mind control and it been doing quite well as the nazi and cult use it to recruit new member.

brainwash is also use to break any spies the CIA had encounter so they will spy for them instead, but that might be a rumor though..

8. darkrequiem

Oh, I meant full mind control. Brain wash is too unreliable for me, mehehe.
    Certain cults have always attempted to control their members with various tricks, why else would someone join (other than utterly crazy people, no offense to cult followers)
    Another weapon I'd like is.....A freeze ray. Yes, it is impractical, but still :p

9. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

I would like to see that damn Gunblade in action. I hate those movies that when they ran out of bullets, they just throw away those guns.

10. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

You can't be brainwashed if you do not want to ;D
    The initial step of brainwash is hypnosis and scientific evidence proves that if you are reluctant to be hypnotize, you can't ;D

11. darkrequiem

Thanks for clarifying that.
    This is why I want mind control guns XD
    They won't have a choice...mehehehe.

12. calvin_0

ya, i mean there already have the old riffle that can be use for stab, why not make a sword version.

hypnosis is the more humane way to do it, but the real and most effective way to do it is with physical torture.

13. darkrequiem

Hypnosis is accidentally, but torture is forcibly. It isn't brainwashing like hypnosis is. Rather than tricking the truth out of someone, torture forces the truth.

14. calvin_0

when torture use in the brainwashing process, it not use as a mean to get answer (any answer get from torture is useless anyway) but as a mean to break their will.

15. darkrequiem

Ah, I see.
    Wow, our government is even more sinister than I thought.
    Of course I'd be worse.

Another cool weapon would be Laser guns that instantly destroy the atoms they touch.
    They are working on lasers, but they are too slow!

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Its questionable whether torture gets the truth at all. Don't you think the victim would say anything to get it to stop, including making stuff up?

17. darkrequiem

True, I can see how torture would be unreliable. I guess it's mostly used as a means of threatening rather than actual information gathering.
    ^A reason why I would never use torture as ruler, it's almost useless.

18. calvin_0

yup, including the confession of a crime that they didnt commit, that why torture is ban as a mean for investigator to get any answer or confession.

i wont said its useless, ever wonder why parent spank disobedient children? cause pain can change how people behave.

if you want people to be good, give them pain when they do bad things over time eventually they will behave how you want them to be. if they dont, you just arent giving them enough pain or what some would call it "motivation". This works is because human is wired to avoid pain.

19. doughboy

doughboy Guest

the invisible thing should be tested more, heard on the news a long time ago about this (maybe 5 years ago)
    torture seems pretty much unreliable, heck i would say anything to get out of it (cause i may not even get out alive and saying 'something' is my only option at the moment)

20. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

A laser that fires beams from space that can destroy anything.