1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The worst British Eurovision song yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stirgo1212, Jun 9, 2010.

1. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

As many of you may know eurovision is HUGE in Europe. For you who dont know what it is here's a Wikipedia quote

[quote author=Wikipedia]The Eurovision Song Contest is an annual competition held among active member countries of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU).
    Each member country submits a song to be performed on live television and then casts votes for the other countries' songs to determine the most popular song in the competition.[/quote]

So, England has been rubbish on most occasions, with some half decent songs coming from the mouths of 'overglamourous' singers. As always eurovision is known for some strange and funny songs. But the most hilarious songs come from the people who try to be good singers but fail.

This year the British people got to come face to face with the 'great singer' Josh. With 'That Sounds Good to Me' The first time i saw this, i thought 'hang on, looks a lot like Rick Astley!' and to my surprise, the song writer actually wrote for Rick Astley! This surprised me and it just made the whole song a whole lot funnier!

To be honest, this song sounds 'bad to me'

Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InTgD_9DB3I

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Overproduced, and is generic 80s music. Sounds pretty damn annoying.

3. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

You've obviously not watched it the past few years then. Josh Whats-his-face was one of our better entries.

Oh and if you ever say England when you mean Britain again, I will be forced to kill you.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I only took noticed when "Lordi" won, the stuff from here is too out there for me.

As for this song, it's not bad, but it's kinda boring.

5. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

Ireland came out better, so you KNOW that song sucked

6. stirgo1212

That was a walrus that was singing. A walrus

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

britain used to do quite well, but not in recent years. The selectors insist on picking acts that no-one has ever heard of (and never hears of again afterwards) as representative of 'british music'. A few years ago I read a comment by an artist/songwriter who remarked how everyone was getting worked up about 'political' voting (i.e vote for your neighbours) and were completely ignoring the obvious explanation for britain doing badly, which was (and evidently still is) the song being utter shite.

8. stirgo1212

If i'm correct Andrew Lloyd Webber wrote last year's song; the U.K got one of their highest scores ever that night. But they ended up something like 5th. Which is not too shabby taking into account that muck like this years' song gives them low marks. (Last this year)

9. someirishkid

exactly my point. England was beaten by a walrus

10. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

IMO Ireland should enter "My Lovely Horse" it'd be a winner for me :) I'd defo vote for it. As for the British entry, I laughed my head off as was it Belarus got them votes at the end to condemn us to last, great achievement IMO. Null points would have been better though.

11. someirishkid

Pity the actor of Father Ted is dead :(

12. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

Yup :( Died 1 day after filming the last ever episode of Father Ted.

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Wouldnt be allowed, the rules state you're not allowed to enter a song thats been heard before, i.e not a current chart song. Eurovision must be the first performance of the entered song.

14. DECADE5

DECADE5 Well-Known Member

Since this competition went hobo-shitty-asssuck-music after LATVIA won I;ve never watched it, but one song I heard from this year made me think:"What were they on? and not in the crazy-but-cool way"

15. stirgo1212

However, my parents said that last years' winner was very similar to an 80's eurovision winner. It had the same tune.

16. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

eurovision is total shite, i haven't heard a good song since the 90's

17. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Germany only won because they dished out cash to them EEC scrounging countries.