1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Worlds Ends With You... after your first fight.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sorakun, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorakun

Sorakun Member

The Rom 2230 - The World Ends With You (E)(XMS) always crashes right after the first fight. To be exact, it happens during the running scene, when Neku passes Beat... The picture appears on both screens and the game locks up. Im using a M3DS Real.
    Please help me! I've been really looking forward to the localization, and now that...

EDIT: With the newest firmware it even crashes one screen earlier...

EDIT2: I got the solution! Take the oldest firmware for M3DS there is. The top screen is white when only Neku runs in the video scene, but that's okay, I guess. Save, switch back to the latest firmware, and you should be fine.

2. nobodybutyours

nobodybutyours New Member

"EDIT2: I got the solution! Take the oldest firmware for M3DS there is. The top screen is white when only Neku runs in the video scene, but that's okay, I guess. Save, switch back to the latest firmware, and you should be fine."

Going back to the oldest firmware available for sd (updagcsd.e11), it stuck on a black screen during loading.
    Skipping to .e15 loaded the game but it froze at the same spot in the animation as with the current firmware.

Which version of the firmware exactly worked for you?

3. Telliath

Telliath Member

What should I do if I'm using Supercard ONE DS? I'm on the latest firmware.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What exactly happens? It might not be compatible with DS ONE at the moment.

5. faith in moon

faith in moon New Member

Would you please, so kindly, link me to the earliest M3 real software ;D.

6. anandjones

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ has every firmware for nearly all flashcarts available.

7. faith in moon

faith in moon New Member

I found a simpler solution, just get a save file beyond that point where it freezes.

8. elementalist

elementalist New Member

anybody have a save beyond that point?

9. Sorakun

Sorakun Member

I made a tiny mistake in my 2nd edit: I used the oldest firmware for M3DS Real.
    Hope this helps.

And I don't recommend using a save file. It takes a while and quite a part of the story 'til you can save for the first time.

10. RukiaKarine

RukiaKarine New Member

anyone have a save file, after the inrtoduction video part? where crashs me x_X

11. faith in moon

faith in moon New Member

You do miss out on the tutorial on day one witch teaches you the games unique battle system. However, the game keeps notes on that type of stuff so if you need to learn it I suggest you read the notes. I'll try to send the save file to those who've asked.

12. westside619

westside619 Active Member

So then none of the most updated firmwares will solve the problem with the freezing of the intro? ???

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

not yet.

14. westside619

westside619 Active Member

Doesn't help as much, it just freezes one screen lesser the next as it would've froze if it were the newer firmware. Thanks anyway, I think I'm just gonna update my M3 DS Real with the latest of their updates.

15. Punk Jax

Punk Jax New Member

Okay, so I'm having this other problem with the R4DS. The game plays fine, unless a certain BGM is playing. If that BGM starts playing while I'm in a conversation scene, the game locks up. It doesn't seem to happen with any other BGM.

Any ideas?

16. anandjones

Not fully compatible with it most likely. Or you could try backing up your data and reformatting your MicroSD. What brand MicroSD do you use?

17. Telliath

Telliath Member

I'm using a kingston 1gb micro SD. I don't think you were asking me though. Will this problem be fixed soon?

18. Loonylion

We have no way of knowing and nor does anyone else. it depends on the flashcart manufacturers.

19. Telliath

Telliath Member

Really? I thought the problem occured from the people dumping the roms. So there's nothing wrong with our roms but in fact, our flashcarts are the one's causing problems?

Is that why FFCC: Ring of Fates had problems also?

One last thing, how do the manufacturers know about the problem? If they don't, do we just wait for an update, hoping that they DO update soon, because I don't think Supercard updates too often.

20. Loonylion

the problem is very rarely with the roms, it is virtually always the flashcart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.