1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The World Ends with You Keeps Freezing

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Saamj, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saamj

Saamj Member

Yeah, at the part right after when he runs from the frogs, basically the start video, at the part where it shoes him crossed with a guy with a black hat, it always freezes, I download it time after time, but this keeps happening, I even deleted a game taking up a lot of space to see if the problem was that I didn't have a enough space, but no, it keeps doing the exact same thing, help?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

A apparent fix is to open and close the DS screens repeatedly during the scene.

3. Kingdom Heart

Kingdom Heart Member

or you can also close and open the sreen
    Post Merge: [time]1258100823[/time]
    i mean you can close and open the screen and do it again and again i and me friend try it and it works

4. Saamj

Saamj Member

Tried and failed

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What are you using to play the game (flashcart/emulator) and what version?

6. Wadsy

Wadsy New Member

This is a very common issue on slower SD/SDHC cards. Doesn't seem to matter what flash cart you are using, it's a problem with your SD card. (I had the same problem)

Essentially the movie cannot load fast enough from your card, so it freezes. To get around it you can repeatedly (i.e. every couple of seconds) close and then open your DS while the intro movie plays. Do NOT wait for it to freeze first (once that happens you'll have to switch off and on again). Start as soon as the movie begins playing and keep going until it's done. This gets you through the into because the 'standby' mode allows data to keep loading and so the movie can play through.

I'd also recommend that you save ASAP after the intro and make a copy for future reference (so you never have to do it again) .

Hope this helps :)

7. Saamj

Saamj Member

It worked, awesome game! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.