1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Wii has FINALLY landed at my house!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by houstontx224, Nov 8, 2010.

1. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

Just picked up the Nintendo Wii (the red Mario 25th anniversay edition) The family and I love it. Played some bowling, golf and then broke into some New Super Mario and Spyro..Saving Madworld for tomorrow. Think our collection is complete for a few more years...lol No need in anymore systems for a bit. So many game s..so little time..:)

HoustonTX224..." Knock a pimp's drink down in his pimp cup; That's the way you get Timbaland up;"-NAS-" Made You Look".

2. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

Welcome to the family of the real gamers. Have fun!
    PS. You might want to wait for your family to leave to fire up MadWorld.

3. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

LOL....Good thing my son has school tomorrow..I'm off..:)

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Because 'real gamers' limit themselves to one console.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

One console in their life time or one console to play at a time?

Congrates dude...I'm still fumming that I got the crappy white one, but hay least mine is known hackable (I have yet to, been busy with my ps3 XD).

Oh and get smash bros brawl, good game with online play :D

6. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

If you like adventure series, you will probably like Okami for the Wii. (I cannot recommend this game enough, seriously)
    I must say this warning quickly though: If you have a PS2, you might want to get Okami for that system instead, depends.
    If you don't, enjoy this amazing game on the Wii then. It is probably my favorite game on the PS2 and Wii....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okami

[​IMG]

7. trimbletown

I can't buy every console in existence so therefore I am not a gamer?

8. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

What Nat is saying is that Real Gamers don't limit themselves to just one console, which is what you were implying.

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

So, you assume that the thought process that I was using was implying in owning EVERY console? Please. If me and Stan have to explain what I meant, then I lost hope in you, with what little hope I had beforehand.

Remembering what you've posted before, I'm sure once you get Nintendo's penis out of your mouth, you'd be able to broaden your horizons to other consoles. There's good games on all consoles regardless of what one would think. Limiting yourself to one console or one company for loyalty reasons (which they honestly don't give two shits about you anyway), would mean limiting yourself of choice, and experiencing some great games.

Also, I double recommend Okami, I've played two minutes of the Wii version and it's exactly like the PS2 version, awesome. If you want some sort of game that reminds you vaguely of Zelda, but prettier looking, it's Okami. I loved the PS2 version back in the day, and I still have to get around to actually beating it on the Wii.

10. trimbletown

I never said I would never play another console. Hell, I enjoy Halo:Reach, CoD, etc. as much as anyone, but I feel the games offered by Nintendo consoles warrant the Wii being my first choice. Being an un-employed teenager I can't very well whip down the street and grab myself a 360, can I? I do, however, admit that my first post was quite provocative and should have known someone would jump on it.

11. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Don't listen to him, Madworld is a great game for all ages

12. trimbletown

Yep, just like little kids should google image your avatar.

13. sylar1000

Oh they should, Saw is a great family flick. I did laugh like hell when i read he has Madworld, i just imagined his while family sitting around and him starting to play it.

14. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

If only you were as "smart" in attaining employment.And dont take potshots if you aint willing to get a bit of return fire LOL.

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I have a Wii. If you choose to mod it, you won't be able to play burned games, but you will be able to back them up to a HDD. Faster loading and saves your disc drive.

I wanted to get that version, but not until my Wii dies. :)

16. gadifer

gadifer Well-Known Member

The reason I had gotten a Wii is:

-Not because of most nintendo systems being very durable. My famicom(1988 model), SNES, N64, GBA(the one without the backlight), DSlite, and gamecube are still in working(top) condition.

-not because of shooting games like House of the dead or resident evil or Sin and punishment.

-not because of games like metroid, super smash brawl, or mario galaxies.

but because of a ps2 game called Odin Sphere. when I read that Vanillaware was creating a game for the Wii called Muramasa The demon Blade, I had to own a Wii.

17. trimbletown

Ummm...I can't get employment, check my age.

18. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Ah right,you said you were unemployed-I get you now.

19. sylar1000

Get a paper route

20. trimbletown

In Australia they employ professionals for that.