1. This forum is in read-only mode.

The Thing, the 2011 movie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calvin_0, Oct 17, 2011.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i just come back from watching it, at 1st i though it was another crappy remake of the original... but to my supprise it was a preqeul of the original.

additonal to that is was a damn good movie, i have no idea when was the last time a horror movie scared the hell out of me XD

anyone who havnt watch it i highly recomand it

PS: anyone know when is Paranormal Activities 3 release? the stupid trailer only mention October and its already October >.>

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I want to watch it but I don't want to since it's just a prequel that adds nothing to the '82 Thing (that was a remake by the way).

I don't want to watch it simply because I can tell the movie is going to use dumb scares, show too much of the alien, and it's going to be way to similar plot-wise to the 82 one.

3. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Paranormal activity in November (Europe)

4. NYman

NYman Well-Known Member

They all sucked.

5. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

paranormal activy =/= your mum

6. Frivera360

Frivera360 Guest

I didn't really like the thing. I thought it was too predictable. My friend told me that he saw the original one and saw at the beginning the dog running away from the helicopter just how this one ended.

7. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Remakes. Seems no one can do original ideas anymore.
    I sat through approximently 22 minutes before I vacated the theater and went to the arcade.
    Steven King's "IT", was a much better horror movie than this. Psychological thrillers FTW!

8. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0905372/

Just for the lazy people

9. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well it IS a prequel of the original.

well they better then any modern horror movie can offer, that wasnt japanese horror movie.

10. jaimyinthahouse

jaimyinthahouse Well-Known Member

Thanks I will download it =) (if it's downloadable)

Paranormal Activity 3 November in Europe ..

You know everything comes out in November ..

11. donnawhite11

donnawhite11 New Member

But why you asking it as bad?

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

'82 was a masterpiece. I am sure this one can't beat it.

I honestly herald it as being one of the best horror movies of all time that is actually good storyline wise and scaring the crap out of me.

I might see it anyways.